PDA

View Full Version : Shop? or... Bistro? Mr. Tarr's Elegantly Appointed Workspace

Jim Becker
10-10-2005, 5:45 PM
As Robert mentioned in his "Weekend Accomplishments" post, he and his lovely had a nice house- and shop-warming party on Saturday afternoon and evening. The food was great. The drink was great. Everything was great. Including the "shop decorations". Here's a few pictures...

Pics:

Potato Leek Soup or a new finishing product?
Definitely soup...
Now, THIS is an ice bucket!
You can see why the former owners used to hold "barn dances" up here. (Dr. SWMBO is in repose in front of the nice bandsaw backdrop...)

Karl Laustrup
10-10-2005, 5:51 PM
Good Food, Good Drink, Good Friends = GOOD TIME!

I do like the ice bucket, but am I to understand that in the midst of all this iron, no electrons were burned nor sawdust made? :eek:

Karl

Ken Fitzgerald
10-10-2005, 5:54 PM
Wow! Looks like a good time! Is that one of those new Multi-Functional Kubota ice buckets I've heard so much about? :confused: :rolleyes: :D

Lee DeRaud
10-10-2005, 6:22 PM
Only thing wrong with that ice bucket is, I'm seeing way too many bottles and cans with the word "diet" on them and not nearly enough with the word "beer" on them.:eek:

John Miliunas
10-10-2005, 8:39 PM
Now that looks like a fun time and what better backdrop for a good party?:D That's livin' good!:) :cool:

Robert Tarr
10-11-2005, 9:20 AM
Only thing wrong with that ice bucket is, I'm seeing way too many bottles and cans with the word "diet" on them and not nearly enough with the word "beer" on them.:eek:

Well Lee, that picture was taken a while after the huge stock of Corona's and diet beer were run down a bit...the keg and cocktails were next to the house, so please rest assured that 7 cases of beer and 2 cases of wine were laid to rest.

I had to pay extra for the insulated ice bucket option on the kubota, but that seemed like a reasonable expense after this party. The party was a great hit and it seemed as if everyone had fun, even if we did get 10 inches of rain. We made all of the food and everything turned out very good....now the process of cleanup and getting the shop back in order.

Thank you Mr. Becker and your wonderful bride for the house warming gifts.

Maybe next Summer we can get a local BBQ/WW session together and then pull the plugs and tap the keg (wine and beer).

Von Bickley
10-11-2005, 11:46 AM
That Kubota and front-end loader doesn't look like it been used. Must still be new...:)

Ed Breen
10-13-2005, 6:02 PM
I'm really annoyed!! My Kubota salesman never mentioned the ice bucket add-on. I wonder if I could trade my tiller, blade or hay spear for one??
Ed:p

Jim Becker
10-13-2005, 9:31 PM
I'm really annoyed!! My Kubota salesman never mentioned the ice bucket add-on. I wonder if I could trade my tiller, blade or hay spear for one??
Ed, don't trade in your tiller...you need it to counterbalance the bucket with all the beer and ice in it. If you look carefully, you'll notice that Robert has the tiller on the back of his machine for exactly that reason!! ;)

(I'd use my backhoe attachment...it weighs almost 700 lbs and that will very nicely balance out 500 lbs of beer and ice...my Kubota is just the next size up from Robert's :D )

Joe Mioux
10-13-2005, 9:42 PM
I really really REALLY REALLY like that refreshment cooler.

JOe

Jeff Sudmeier
10-13-2005, 9:48 PM
That is a great cooler!! Great idea, I have heard of using cattle tanks, but never a loader bucket :)

Norman Hitt
10-14-2005, 4:59 PM
What I REALLY Like abouty that Ice Bucket attachment, is that it is so Easy to empty when the party is over. One Question though, Does the Ice bucket attachment kit come with a leakproof cover to prevent spills when going over rough spots in the floor while moving it outside?:D

Looks like everyone had a great time. Congratulations to Robert for getting the shop Ready in time for Some Winter Woodworking Projects.

Lee DeRaud
10-14-2005, 5:35 PM
That is a great cooler!! Great idea, I have heard of using cattle tanks, but never a loader bucket :)Cows drink beer?!? I always wondered how you conned them into living in that climate...

Andy Hoyt
10-14-2005, 5:47 PM
Lee - Wisconsin, Vermont, and Pennslyvania cows drink beer.

California cows drink moolot.

This is why we do indeed have bedda cheddah.

Karl Laustrup
10-14-2005, 6:12 PM
Lee - Wisconsin, Vermont, and Pennslyvania cows drink beer.

California cows drink moolot.

This is why we do indeed have bedda cheddah.

We do have HAPPY cows and now you know why. ;) :D

Karl