PDA

View Full Version : Scmi handwheel

Darcy Warner
01-06-2017, 10:01 AM
Anyone ever had to pull a handwheel off a scmi table saw or shaper? Looks to be set up the same way. I need to get into the electrical controls on my si16 saw and the dang Italians made it so the handwheel has to come off before you remove the panel.

Great design....

Darcy Warner
01-06-2017, 11:48 AM
Finally got it.

Darcy Warner
01-06-2017, 1:16 PM
Now I get to work on the cheap all plastic iec starters inside it.
I really despise modern electrical controls of the last 25 years or so.

Martin Wasner
01-06-2017, 5:02 PM
There's been some horrid electrical components. I'm on my phone and can't post a picture, but the innards of my widebelt panel looks like mission control for a third world space program.

Jeff Duncan
01-07-2017, 2:31 PM
With older SCM stuff your mostly on your own.....hard to find advice or support. My SCM shaper is likely quite a bit older than your machine, 68' or so, but the wiring fell apart and the electronics while mostly sound, were a bit tricky to figure out.

good luck,
JeffD

David Kumm
01-07-2017, 2:44 PM
Darcy, I have a spare electrical panel for a SI 16. May be different as most are 9 hp motors and this one is less. Good news is that Klockner Moeller and Breter are easy to source on ebay and pretty cheap. Euro motors and electrics are not nearly as fool proof as the old NEMA large frame stuff. Have fun. Dave

Darcy Warner
01-07-2017, 3:27 PM
Not sure who I should be upset at, me, the Amish that were using this saw or the guy selling it for them.

Turns out, after following everything back, the motor was wired wrong. Pulled one from a parts machine t130, changed wiring, still nothing.

Pulled motor and wired it straight to my fused disconnect.

Just as I thought, big arc flash, little smoke and a whole lot of stink.

Motor is/was junk.

Time to pull motor out of the t130, it's the same motor.

Darcy Warner
01-07-2017, 3:35 PM
With older SCM stuff your mostly on your own.....hard to find advice or support. My SCM shaper is likely quite a bit older than your machine, 68' or so, but the wiring fell apart and the electronics while mostly sound, were a bit tricky to figure out.

good luck,
JeffD

Scmi wanted 250 bucks just to talk to someone, I hung up on the lady. Lol.

Rick Fisher
01-07-2017, 3:43 PM
Scmi wanted 250 bucks just to talk to someone, I hung up on the lady. Lol.

That's better treatment than if it had been warranty .. lol