PDA

View Full Version : Replacement Pads For Irwin Quick Clamps

Jim Koepke
01-05-2017, 11:04 PM
A couple of my Irwin Quick Clamps lost the soft plastic pads. They may have been tossed with some shavings or hiding amongst some shavings still on the floor. Often when in one of the stores that carries these clamps I have wondered why replacements are not available.

Well today while at ACE Hardware imagine my surprise to see a 4-pack of them on a hook:

So now my clamps are whole again.

For anyone who cares, the Irwin part number is 1826578.

ACE is not the lowest price. On line the price runs from less than $4 to almost $15. So be careful where you shop.

jtk

Stew Denton
01-06-2017, 1:05 PM
Hi Jim,

Thanks for the heads up!

I have several of the Irwin clamps, and use them more than any of my other clamps because they are so handy. I have not lost any of the pads on the Irwin clamps, but know that the ones on mine will eventually have to be replaced or will get lost because some are a bit loose.

For that reason I may get a few now. I don't see any real bad wear on the pads on the clamps that are in the garage now, but sooner or later they will need replacement pads.

I have had bad luck getting parts for tools, primarily because when the tool finally needs parts it is old enough that parts can no longer be had. For that reason, I have contemplated buying parts now, for things that have a habit of going bad, so when the time comes I have the parts.

At any rate thanks again for the heads up, I have never seen replacement pads anywhere, and didn't know you could even get them.

Good post. It is much appreciated.

Stew

Ken Fitzgerald
01-06-2017, 1:17 PM
Thanks Jim! I lost 2 of my pads and the remaining ones are wearing out. It's time to order some new ones!

Tom Stenzel
01-06-2017, 1:31 PM
Haven't lost mine yet but I've found if the pad is slipped in from the bottom (upside down) it doesn't come off as easily. They slip down until they hit the bar. They still can fall off it's just a bit harder to lose.

-Tom

Bill Houghton
01-06-2017, 2:42 PM
Jeez! A few years back Irwin sent me a bunch for free! Times change, I guess.

John Gornall
01-07-2017, 11:47 PM
When these clamps first came out, they also sold jaw attachments for clamping 90 degree corners - slip the pads off and attach a hard plastic vee shaped outside jaw and a soft rubber inside jaw. I have 2 set up this way and find them useful. Wish I could find 2 more.

Derek Cohen
01-08-2017, 3:35 AM
When something obscure like this is needed, eBay is your friend. Just search ("Quick Clamps pads") and you will find.

Regards from Perth

Derek