PDA

View Full Version : Rosseau Dust Collection Hood for Miter Saw

George Bokros
01-04-2017, 6:00 PM
Does anyone have one of these? I am considering getting one for my miter saw. I know many make some kind of hood /box to collect this dust but I prefer purchase a solution.

Questions -----

Are you pleased with its effectiveness?

How much space behind the saw do you need?

Do you still use the dust collection bag that came with your saw when using the hood?

Would you buy it again?

Any other thoughts will be appreciated.

https://www.amazon.com/Rousseau-5000-Solution-Miter-Silver/dp/B00MFGRT06/ref=sr_1_1?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1483570444&sr=1-1&keywords=rousseau+5000+dust+solution+for+miter+saw %2C+silver

Thanks

Harry Holzke
01-04-2017, 10:15 PM
I got one about 8-9 months ago, love it. You need a dust collector to make this effective or else it's a waste of money. They came out with version that has lighting.

Harry

George Bokros
01-05-2017, 7:40 AM
I saw the one with the lighting on their website. Looks like they added a piece of LED rope lighting to it. Just wondering if the lighting could be added by me later and if I could buy it for less than the $20 upcharge.

Harry, do you still use the dust collection bag that came with your miter saw?

Brian Tymchak
01-05-2017, 9:16 AM
I looked into the Rosseau and the FastCap hoods about a year ago to see if they would work with the miter saw bench I built. I felt they were too deep behind the saw to fit my needs.

Harry Holzke
01-05-2017, 11:32 AM
I saw the one with the lighting on their website. Looks like they added a piece of LED rope lighting to it. Just wondering if the lighting could be added by me later and if I could buy it for less than the $20 upcharge.

Harry, do you still use the dust collection bag that came with your miter saw?

George, no I don't use any additional bags. I use it with a 2hp Delta collector and it gets almost all the dust. I have my saw on a mobile base and used to wheel it outside but it hasnt moved since I got the hood.

Harry

julian abram
01-05-2017, 11:15 PM
I purchased this hood two years ago to use on my Dewalt CMS mounted on a Rigid mobile stand in my shop. I like it, I would guess it catches 90% of the dust. I do not use the Dewalt bag. I have connected the hood to my dust collector but some of the cuts I make without starting the dust collector. The Rosseau does a good job capturing dust even with the collector off.

Andrew R Miller
01-06-2017, 10:30 PM
thank you for this, will be my next purchase

BOB OLINGER
01-09-2017, 8:29 AM
Well, my miter saw generates likely 90% of the dust that is generated (not hooked up to my dust collector) in my shop. I'm tired of constantly cleaning the mess up. So, I'm headed to this website and placing an order right now. I'll report back; hoping for good results.