PDA

View Full Version : laser not in sync going left to right

matthew knott
01-04-2017, 11:59 AM
Have a Chinese machine ruining Laserwoks or RDworks or whatever they decided to call it today but its the generic software everyone has. When marking small text and using the normal X-Swing setting the different stroke directions don't quite line up. If i use X-Unilateral I get perfect marks, now i KNOW there is a setting in RDworks that adjusts this as I have done it before , but I'll be dammed if i can remember where it is in the software, im sure i had to use the RD8888 password to get in but I can find it now. Can someone point me in the right direction please.
Peace, Love and a happy new year to you all :)

Kev Williams
01-04-2017, 12:07 PM
It's a backlash adjustment you're looking for. Possible names are 'backlash' obviously, 'Tuning' is used in my USL and GCC software, 'alignment' is used in my LS900. My Triumph calls it 'carving backlash', and I have different values set for every speed from 100 to 800mm/sec in 50mm increments, because the faster the machine runs, the more adjustment it needs. The Triumph uses "Lasersoft/PHCad" which is exclusive to Triumph products it seems. I'm not sure other software like RDworks or Laserworks backlash adjustments are similar?