PDA

View Full Version : Scroll Saw Hold Down Foot Needed

Craig Schulz
01-04-2017, 9:29 AM
I picked up a used Delta 40-540 scroll saw, and with some online parts purchases got it working fairly well, but it doesn't have the hold down foot and I have come to find out that this part is no longer available. Does anyone have a suggestion on a substitute for the OEM part, or any other solution to the problem?

John Sincerbeaux
01-04-2017, 9:59 AM
I picked up a used Delta 40-540 scroll saw, and with some online parts purchases got it working fairly well, but it doesn't have the hold down foot and I have come to find out that this part is no longer available. Does anyone have a suggestion on a substitute for the OEM part, or any other solution to the problem?

Your fingers are the "foot". No need for a foot. Probably why there wasn't one with the saw. I wouldn't be able to find mine either. Use an appropriate blade for the material you're cutting and you should have no problem guiding/cutting the material.

Mike Henderson
01-04-2017, 12:24 PM
Your fingers are the "foot". No need for a foot. Probably why there wasn't one with the saw. I wouldn't be able to find mine either. Use an appropriate blade for the material you're cutting and you should have no problem guiding/cutting the material.
I agree with John. Took the foot off of mine and never used it.

Mike

Kurt Kintner
01-04-2017, 12:26 PM
Me, too .....

Peter Kuhlman
01-04-2017, 3:52 PM
While the foot helps keep the wood from jumping up with the blade stroke I found for my use it was constantly in the way of my fingers and view when rotating the material. There are a few scrollsaw forums I believe and while it has been years since I visited them I remember users saying they almost all did away with the "foot".

glenn bradley
01-04-2017, 4:28 PM
My foot is pristine as it never even came out of the bag.