PDA

View Full Version : Happy New Year everyone,

Uma Duffy
01-02-2017, 1:54 PM
epilog and universal got it right, not sure which one was first who cares? you have to check this out! unbelievable, WAZER. a mini. waterjet cutter how cool is that?

Mayo Pardo
01-05-2017, 3:29 AM
Yeah it's a cool concept but - Ships in Dec. 2017 ???
With all the money they raised on kickstarter ($1,331,936.00) and it won't ship for almost a year?
They show working machines so why would it take so long to get more made?

The claim of "quiet to operate" is in comparison to what? Any pumps that can generate the pressures required for cutting "any material" (another claim) are not quiet pumps and the abrasive/water mix exiting the nozzle will not be quiet either.

Operates on 110v 15A, so I assume this will limit the pump size/pressure which will limit the thickness that can be cut in a reasonable amount of time, using a reasonable amount of water and abrasive. The example knife shown on their web site took 118 minutes and 39 lbs of abrasive. The bicycle sprocket took 168 minutes and 56 lbs of abrasive. How many times did they have to reload abrasive and unload used abrasive from the small containers shown?

Maybe the 3D printer crowd would be willing to put up with these manufacturing times but for production I don't think that would fly. To prototype something maybe...

I just hope the people who bought in on kickstarter actually get something for their money. Once a campaign reaches/surpasses their goal it's a crapshoot if the item will ship or the creators will slip off to an island somewhere never to be heard from again.

Uma Duffy
01-05-2017, 12:42 PM
i kinda agree with you it's a risk for sure, but how many times have folks walked in and the reality being "i really can't cut that for you to shape because of it being metal but i can engrave it." i think for example cut out state shapes and things we engrave like ovals. the draw back i see from reading their specs, you can not reuse the garnet, bummer! that seems very expensive so why not carbon or carbite.. i wish them luck. So Rodney, Earth to Rodney...if you can build the dome machine this should be a piece of cake. let us know i am in.

Kev Williams
01-05-2017, 2:52 PM
This subject, probably to do with this machine, was brought up earlier this year. One of the subjects mentioned about water jet machining that I didn't know about until then, was the astronomical cost of the cutting medium. I forget the figures, but something like $50 worth to cut a square foot-- I'm sure that's not correct, but I expect someone will chime in with better figures :)

Matt McCoy
01-05-2017, 3:33 PM
This subject, probably to do with this machine, was brought up earlier this year. One of the subjects mentioned about water jet machining that I didn't know about until then, was the astronomical cost of the cutting medium. I forget the figures, but something like $50 worth to cut a square foot-- I'm sure that's not correct, but I expect someone will chime in with better figures :)

I recall $10-$15 for abrasive during almost three hours of work. Trusted, but not verified.