PDA

View Full Version : MPC6515 freezes on 1st message

Mohamed Mouncef Aissaoui
01-02-2017, 5:25 AM
Hi

New problem on my machine (Specifications below).
I turn the key to start the cutting machine (http://www.amazon.com/gp/search?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&index=garden&keywords=cutting%2Bmachine&linkCode=ur2) but the software stops on the 1st message on the PAD03 display :'System starting. Please Wait. V4.0.3'
It is therefore impossible to use the machine since no key on the board works. This happens several times.
To get out of this situation I need to shut down and restart the machine several times. And each time it takes several minutes to see if the machine will start or not. It's very annoying ... especially since I do not know where it comes from. Besides I'm afraid the machine will drop me at the wrong time and I can not guess when this will happen.
Note that I have already disassembled the 6515 card to clean the connectors with very fine abrasive paper and to suck the dust that settled on it.
I did the same with the card on the digital display interface PAD03.
Please can you help me solve this problem or at least know the origin?
What should I expect?
Thank you in advance.

My chinese machine : Jinan XYZ-TECH CNC Equipment Co,.LTD, Machine : XJ6090, RECI 100 W, MPC6515, Control Panel PAD03, HW 4.0.0.1, FW 4.1.2.3, DLL 4.1.2.2. LaserCut 5.3.
N.B. Sorry. I have already posted this question on another well known forum. I had some answers but I could not solve my problem.

Bill George
01-02-2017, 8:24 AM
Those connectors had a protective coating on the metal usually silver or some other conductive metal and unless you can see corrosion on the pins using abrasive might make things worse. They sell contact clearer or just alcohol with a Q tip or toothbrush would work. You might have bad cables or connectors, or one of the boards is bad. Very difficult to troubleshoot over the internet.

Dave Sheldrake
01-02-2017, 9:10 PM
reflash the firmware, it's a common problem on the 6515

Mohamed Mouncef Aissaoui
01-07-2017, 6:30 AM
Thanks for your replies
It was the cleaning of the connectors and the flashing of the firmware which made it possible to revitalize the card. It responds now from the 2nd or 3rd start. But still impossible at first start.
For your information the oxidation of the connectors connecting the 2 boards of the MPC6515 was caused by the high level of humidity on the coast.
As for the firmware it seems that it was affected by a virus because the PC used is connected to Internet with protection. But I am not really convinced of that.

Best regards

Dave Sheldrake
01-07-2017, 8:05 AM
Hiya Moh,

Sometimes a voltage fluctuation can affect the 6515 cards causing the firmware to go bad, If somebody has told you it was a virus...please ignore them in future :) the method of flashing the machines firmware is not possible by electronic means and requires specific physical actions as you will have seen by now :)

Knocking the wire between the control pad and card can often cause this very problem.

Good news it's all fixed though :)