PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever have issues with Laguna band saw wheels?

Johnny SoZo
01-01-2017, 11:19 PM
I finally received my 14bx and after spending a frustrating amount of time attempting to install the blade I realized that the upper wheel was installed too high. So high that I could barely fit the blade between the wheel and the upper plate. I finally managed to lower the wheel after many contortions to get the wrenches back there but it took an hour of fiddling with the wheel and tension.
I’m extremely disappointed. This is my first product from Laguna and I was expecting something great after reading so many good reviews. What I really want to know is this a fluke or is this the type of quality control I can expect from them? Anyone else ever get a saw with the wheel out of position?

Dan Friedrichs
01-02-2017, 12:47 AM
Just to confirm, you had the tension all the way released and you're sure you have the right length blade?

IMHO, it's not a big deal. You fixed it, no harm done, and Laguna is a far shot from the highest-end importer on the market...

David M Peters
01-02-2017, 9:21 AM
Assuming that indeed the upper wheel's tension was indeed released, I'd be disappointed too. When I got my 1412 the threaded holes in the table for the fence were both drilled about 5 degrees down from perpendicular giving the fence rail a sad sagging look. Laguna swapped out the table no questions asked but does point so mediocre quality control.

Johnny SoZo
01-02-2017, 6:34 PM
Just to confirm, you had the tension all the way released and you're sure you have the right length blade?

IMHO, it's not a big deal. You fixed it, no harm done, and Laguna is a far shot from the highest-end importer on the market...

Ya, tension was released and blade was 115" which is what's stated on their website. Top wheel was so high up I barely got the blade through the gap. At least it's working now. Table is level. Guides look good. No vibration at all. Still haven't heard back from them though.