PDA

View Full Version : Kirk Constable at the Texas Mesquite Show

Charlie Plesums
10-10-2005, 10:59 AM
I finally got to meet SMC member Kirk Constable and his wife at the Texas Mesquite Association festival in Fredericksburg yesterday. The work he was showing was outstanding workmanship in construction and finish. He also was a real pleasant guy to chat with, and very knowledgeable about Mesquite wood.

His web site (www.kcwoodworks.net (http://www.kcwoodworks.net)) shows quite a bit of his work, but having seen and touched, the web site doesn't do it full justice!

Kirk (KC) Constable
10-10-2005, 2:57 PM
You're very kind. :) Lots of very nice work at the show this year...and I'm not the only one who got to take most of it back home with him. :( Since nobody bought the dining room, I'll adjust the price to the 'family rate' and my sister will have mesquite instead of the QS oak I soooo dislike working with. LOML still prefers cherry to mesquite, so I'll start on ours next week. :)

As is typical, a couple people had very good sales, but the number of folks with 'pretty good' sales was down. Bad weather, recent hurricanes, general economic worries, etc. probably contributed.

Despite that, the Fredericksburg show is always enjoyable, and it was nice to chat with Charlie and Cecil and a couple others. Here's a pic of this year's booth...

http://www.kcwoodworks.net/05booth3.jpg

Cecil Arnold
10-10-2005, 9:32 PM
I have to agree with Charley, KC's work was really impressive and it was good to meet a fellow creeker. I'm only sorry I missed Charley. If anyone has not been to Fredricksburg, it is a picturesque hill country town that refuses to become another dying small town. The streets are clean, the folks are nice, and I saw at least two micro breweries and/or beer gardens. Everyone is working hard to make it a special place. (No, I'm not a member of the chamber of commerce)

Corey Hallagan
10-10-2005, 10:28 PM
Sorry to hear the sales didn't go any better than they did KC. The display is absolutely beautiful. No doubt it is economical on the poor sales, your work is top notch!

Corey