PDA

View Full Version : Small Jump start pack

Dave Lehnert
12-28-2016, 8:27 PM
Anyone own a small jump pack like this?
https://www.amazon.com/GOOLOO-Portable-Starter-Battery-Booster/dp/B017LIE842/ref=pd_lpo_263_lp_t_4?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=935CFEA10T7J6X8A3NKN

I had the larger ones in the past but they dont hold up long,

What brand/ model do you own and would you buy again?

roger wiegand
12-29-2016, 8:53 AM
I've had this one https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000JFJLP6/ref=psdc_318336011_t3_B002X6VXL4 for three years now. Works great for me, it will turn my F350 diesel over on a 10 degree morning. I had one of those little ones in the past but it was never useful in a dead battery situation. Works fine for recharging your phone though.

Mark Blatter
12-29-2016, 10:42 AM
As Roger said, not sure a small one will do much on a cold morning with a big block engine. Perhaps on a 70 degree day, with a 4 cylinder car it might work. I have one similar to Jump and Carry that has worked for a number of years. The batteries died on mine recently so I am thinking I need to test and replace as needed.

Kev Williams
12-29-2016, 1:18 PM
I have a Schumacher Red Fuel jump pack, I've used it twice on my Stratus when the battery was dead enough you could barely notice the dome light was on. Acted like I'd put in a new battery when I started it. But it does need to be good and charged to work well.

Dave Lehnert
12-29-2016, 10:26 PM
As Roger said, not sure a small one will do much on a cold morning with a big block engine. Perhaps on a 70 degree day, with a 4 cylinder car it might work. I have one similar to Jump and Carry that has worked for a number of years. The batteries died on mine recently so I am thinking I need to test and replace as needed.

The small packs say for use in 4 and 6 cyl engines.
I got interested in them because the reviews are good.

Dave Lehnert
12-29-2016, 10:28 PM
I have a Schumacher Red Fuel jump pack, I've used it twice on my Stratus when the battery was dead enough you could barely notice the dome light was on. Acted like I'd put in a new battery when I started it. But it does need to be good and charged to work well.

That is one I was interested in stocked at the local Walmart.