PDA

View Full Version : Laserworks 6.0.45 problem

Roger Lueck
12-27-2016, 9:24 PM
Chinese Laser
Laserworks Ver. 6.0.45

The problem -

I start the machine, it finds "home" in the upper right corner.

Using the LCD keypad on the laser machine, I move the laser head to the upper left corner and press the "Origin" key on the LCD keypad.

The laser machine is turned "off"
The laser machine is turned "on", the laser "powers up" and the laser head moves to "home" (upper right corner) and then moves to the upper left corner which is the location that was chosen as the "Origin". At this time the laser should be ready to begin engraving.

On the computer screen, using the Corel "plug in" (for Laserworks), the "Start" button is used to start the engraving process.

After the "Start" button is pressed, the laser machine beeps and the "Frame Slop" message appears on the LCD screen, with the instructions to use "ESC to End", "Enter to Continue"

The "Enter" key is pressed on the LCD keypad to continue with the engraving. However, instead of the laser head moving to the engraving location and beginning to engrave, the laser head moves to the upper right corner (Home) and stops.

After several attempts to find a solution, I switched to another computer that has an older version of Laserworks 6.0 loaded. I connected the laser to this computer and used the same file. When the "Start" button in the Corel "plug in" was used to start the engraving process, the laser head moved to the correct position and began engraving.

Note that at the end of the previous engraving session I had been experimenting with returning the engraving head to the "origin" position using the known X and Y coordinate values for the "origin" position. I assume I changed something during that exercise which is causing the problem I am currently experiencing.

Laserwork has many functions that I have never used and have no idea what those functions will do. Has anyone found a manual that clearly explains, in English, the functions Laserworks will perform?

Any ideas/help is appreciated.
Thank You,
Roger

Bert Kemp
12-27-2016, 10:32 PM
why do you want to change the home position. Why not just start the engraving from the upper right side.More then likely when you hit start the laser will move to the bottom left and start engraving from there.why change?

John Noell
12-28-2016, 6:24 PM
Laserwork has many functions that I have never used and have no idea what those functions will do. Has anyone found a manual that clearly explains, in English, the functions Laserworks will perform?
Apparently Laserworks became known as RDWorks (it is from Ruida) when it went to version 8. There is a very good non-Chinglish manual available at RDWorkslab.com for version 8. I don't think you need to register to get the manual, but, if you do, don't be too put off by the registration process. Some people ticked off the forum owner and it is a bit tedious to sign up now. :)

John Stevenson
12-28-2016, 6:43 PM
Go to config, > System Setting and click the top left radio button and see if that makes any difference.

Failing that it might be in the Vendor settings under file. The vendor password is RD8888

Ron Gosnell
12-28-2016, 7:06 PM
if your origin is set right at the left corner, the machine will give you a frame slop error because of the over run of the head, unless you are just cutting.
You need to set your origin away from the edges if you are rastering. How far depends on what speeds your running. An inch would be a good starting point.

Roger Lueck
12-29-2016, 5:27 PM
Thanks to everyone who responded! Your help is always appreciated.
Roger

Roger Lueck
01-03-2017, 12:31 AM
Problem solved -

Solution - I had inadvertently changed the "position" button on the "export" tab of Laserworks to "Machine Zero", it should have been set to "Currrent Position"