PDA

View Full Version : BF6-31 Felder Tooling

Gary Irwin
12-27-2016, 3:50 PM
I recently purchased a used Felder Combination machine BF6-31 and am just now figuring out how to use some of the shaper accessories. I have what looks like a saw blade but it is in two pieces and has only a center hole. Felder let.04-2-250 250x8/15x30 man hw L-01 n 3000-5000 Does anyone know what it is and how to use it? I am guessing that it might be used to cut tenons if I insert a spacer between the two parts but I don't want to experiment with knowing what it is meant to be used for.I appreciate any advice. Thanks

Andy Giddings
12-27-2016, 4:09 PM
Sounds like a slotting cutter, Gary. Have you tried looking at the Felder e shop to see if there is something similar? Here's the 04.2.200 web page as a start http://us.feldershop.com/en-US/en-US/en-US/en-US/Moulding/Moulding-tooling/Slot-cutter/Adjustable-Slotting-Cutters-RB-HW.html?listtype=search&searchparam=04.2

John Lankers
12-27-2016, 5:42 PM
Andy might be on the right track, it would help if you could post a pic though.

Gary Irwin
12-28-2016, 6:54 AM
I'm a bit analog or I would have posted a picture! I may get some help from a digitally inclined friend if I don't find anything of help on the Felder site. Thank you for your responses!

Bill Adamsen
12-28-2016, 8:11 AM
The adjustable slotting cutter for which Andy provided the link is interesting. The 200mm version has a 65mm cutting depth and the 250mm (my shaper has a max ring size of 225mm) has an 80mm cutting depth (over 3"). Pretty impressive! The industry standard for larger cutters has been 160mm and 180mm (the size of my Zuani, Garniga and Amana insert tooling) so that might be a consideration (replacement versus complement). However the price on the Felder - at the moment - is very attractive. How do they compare quality wise to the Zuani and Rangate heads? The 8-15 stacks at just shy of an inch (considering flexibility).

Brian Lamb
12-28-2016, 10:17 AM
Yes, the Felder shaper tooling is very comparable to Zuani and Rangate, lots of it is all made by the same manufacturer and just labeled for the sellers. Sounds like Gary has an adjustable width slotting cutter, with proper shims you can cut 8mm to 15mm and it you oppose the cutters instead of nest them together, they will cut tenons with up to an 8mm shoulder.