PDA

View Full Version : Product Review: Boesheild Bit and Blade Cleaner

Matt Meiser
10-09-2005, 10:42 PM
I picked up a bottle of Boeshield's Bit and Blade Cleaner a while back but never got around to trying it. My blades have been cutting pretty poor lately, especially after woorking with mahogany. First I thought they all needed sharpening, but then I remembered reading that pitch buildup has the same effect so I decided to try it out.

This stuff works like magic! I just sprayed it on, waited a minute, and wiped the blades, and they looked like new. On my miter saw, I didn't even bother removing the blade. The difference in cut quality is amazing. It was so easy, I cleaned all my blades this evening. This past week I installed some of that plastic exterior trim, which left some white residue on my blades and that was mostly removed as well.

The only negative I noticed is that it removed the printing on some of my blades, but only the cheap ones. I have a couple Freud blades that have the red Teflon coating and that left a pink stain on the rag, so it must have removed a small amount of that as well, but I couldn't see anything removed on the blade.