PDA

View Full Version : Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments

Dennis Peacock
12-26-2016, 8:45 AM
26 Dec 2016

Good Morning Everyone,
I realize that some/many have today off from work while others are working today. Spent time with family and friends this past Christmas weekend. Good fun and food were had by all that attended. My mother held her great grand baby for the first time this weekend and what a good smile was on her face! The kitchen island top has been delivered and installed. The counter top installers would not touch the top and this meant that I had to cut and install the top. It was not agreed to the install when we talked about making the top, but 8 hours later, the top was installed and first treatment of oil was done. The customer is extremely thrilled over the top and that's happy face enough for me.

That's it for me, so what did YOU do this Christmas weekend?

Best of weeks to you all!

glenn bradley
12-26-2016, 10:12 AM
Survived Christmas ;-)

Jim Becker
12-26-2016, 11:05 AM
I wish everyone the best of holidays and a wonderful new year! "Santa" did bring me a pair of Narex skew chisels and a fine-tooth flush cut saw... :D

I didn't have a lot of motivation this weekend for some reason to do any kind of "fine woodworking", but I did spend some time in the shop doing "shop things". Something I've been meaning to do for a very long time is to close in the rim-joist area more permanently for better heat retention. Since I built the shop, the only thin closing off that area has been pieces of insulation and that's hardly a barrier to air (and rodent/insect) infiltration. So I've started to deal with that using left-over 1/2" sheathing material from our 2008 home addition (no good wood/material goes to waste around here!) and got some good progress at the end of the shop where my primary heat source is and where the worst air infiltration was on Sunday. I'm also working to better organize my "inventory" of millwork and similar materials and also made a place to hang the two 11' (!) long pipe clamps I scarfed from a woodworking friend and former coworker who's moving to central Florida and was going to just throw them out. This week I'm off from work and while I have a few other tasks to tackle around the house, I'll be back working on my retro-modern LP storage rack, too.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v646/a-j-adopt/shop/IMG_8919_zpsl8bbmnl3.jpg