PDA

View Full Version : DeWalt and PC batteries

Rick Potter
12-26-2016, 2:23 AM
Just curious.

Since DeWalt and Porter Cable battery powered tools are owned by the same company, are the batteries interchangeable??

Seems logical to me.

Rick P.

Manufacturer of worlds finest air guitars.:cool:

Gene Takae
12-26-2016, 3:10 AM
I cannot say for sure but it's highly unlikely just as Dewalt and B&D batteries aren't interchangeable.

Michael Dye
12-26-2016, 7:12 AM
I have both systems, with the PC being the most powerful. However, I took a burned out PC drill, removed the battery retainer, and adapted that to an old Dewalt battery pack. Works like a champ, and now my Dewalt laser will last the entire day without shutting down. Apparently, there just isn't enough of a difference between the 20v and 18v inputs to make a difference. Good luck.

Greg R Bradley
12-26-2016, 10:57 AM
Of course, there are no 20v batteries, only 18v Lithium batteries that are called 20v "Max".

Dewalt makes lots of different batteries with lots of different amounts of storage. Some of the older 18v systems were 1.3 amp hours, where many of the latest Lithium are 5 amp hours, so of course will last longer.

Dewalt's new 20v/60v Max Flexvolt has multiple taps so is capable of putting out 54v 6 amp hours or 18v 18 amp hours. They do the typical marketing lies and say the 18v is 20v "Max" and say the 54v is 60v "Max". These are huge batteries designed for battery powered tools that come close to replacing something with a cord such as their new jobsite table saw and miter saw.