PDA

View Full Version : Woodpecker router Tables

Chris Payne
12-25-2016, 11:14 PM
I bought me a Woodpecker router table last December I got the smaller table and the formica top. Planning on buying me another one this week I would like to know your thoughts on buying the better top and what your thoughts are on getting the larger top. Thanks

George Bokros
12-26-2016, 6:25 AM
I have the larger phenolic top and like it. It provides more distance between the the front edge and the router plate.

Jim Becker
12-26-2016, 11:14 AM
Chris, consider making your own to match your specific needs. It's a great shop/woodworking project and you can use all that you've learned from your original setup to create the "perfect" router workstation for you.

Brian W Evans
12-26-2016, 1:56 PM
I have the Benchdog cast iron top with a Woodpeckers PRL-V2 lift. I have seen bigger router table surfaces but I really love the mass of the cast iron. I run a PC 7518 motor in it and there is no vibration at all. The Benchdog top comes with miter gauge slots for feather boards and other accessories. It's not the cheapest option but I'll never need to replace it, either.

Chris Payne
12-26-2016, 7:31 PM
I think I will get the phenolic table what type of router are you running. I really like their fence.

George Bokros
12-26-2016, 10:02 PM
I have the fence with the micro adjuster, the phenolic top and one of their lifts running a PC 7518