PDA

View Full Version : Returning to Point of Origin - Laserworks 6.0

Roger Lueck
12-24-2016, 4:57 PM
Cineses Laser Using Laserworks 6.0

Searching for a solution to the following problem -

1. The point of Origin has been set to a random position other than a corner of the engraving window
2. The engraving head is moved to another location to facilitate loading of the item to be engraved
3. Normally once the item has been loaded, the engraving head is returned to the point of origin using the "Esc" key a couple times
4. However, once in a while I forget to return the engraving head to the point of origin by pressing the "Esc" key and I start the engraving process with the start button in Laserworks. When this happens the position in which the laserhead was located when the start button in Laserworks was used to begin the engraving process becomes the new point of origin.

Is it possible to return the laser head to the point of origin that was originally set before the item was loaded?

Thank You,
Roger

Julian Ashcroft
12-24-2016, 5:25 PM
Yes there is. If you know what the original coordinates were, you can go to test top right and enter them there one at a time and press x or y to move the head to that position.

not sure if that explained it well enough, I'm about three hundred miles away from my machine, so difficult to remember exactly.

Ron Gosnell
12-24-2016, 7:02 PM
You said it right

Roger Lueck
12-25-2016, 5:25 PM
Julian,

Thanks for the information I will give it a try.

Roger