PDA

View Full Version : My wife has super tool-finding powers

Malcolm Schweizer
12-24-2016, 7:28 AM
Today my wife said, "I was turning out the lights in your shop, and I see you bought some tools I haven't seen before." Me- deer in the headlights look- "Ummmmm... What tools, honey?" Her- "Some sort of knife-looking things with shaped wood handles."

Holy cow. She found the Flexcut chip carving tools that I got on sale at LV. It was the old "They were on sale and I needed them" justification. I normally tell her when I spend money, but after buying all that stuff on Cyber Monday, I figured it best to just get them and let them fade into the clutter in my shop. She walks in to turn out the lights and somehow is able to (a) spot them amongst the clutter, and (b) identify them as new inventory.

Here's what is funny about this story- I went into the shop to put them away and it took me five minutes to even find them. They were covered in wood shavings from my latest project. The woman has radar. How did she even see those?

Larry Frank
12-24-2016, 7:39 AM
Yes....Good story. My wife did something similar and then wrapped them for Christmas.

Matt Day
12-24-2016, 7:44 AM
Lol, maybe they take some kind of secret online course about this. And maybe "turn off the lights" means "spent 5 minutes snooping around"!

Frederick Skelly
12-24-2016, 8:41 AM
What a great story! You never told us - was she complaining, or just letting you know she noticed?

I agree - sounds like she definitely took "Tool Snooping 101 for Wives" online. Check your browser log - bet it's there. ;)

Malcolm Schweizer
12-24-2016, 9:51 AM
What a great story! You never told us - was she complaining, or just letting you know she noticed?

I agree - sounds like she definitely took "Tool Snooping 101 for Wives" online. Check your browser log - bet it's there. ;)

She wasn't complaining, and she owned up to her snooping. She said she thought the tools were cool and she liked the wood shavings. She's a keeper.

Frederick Skelly
12-24-2016, 11:10 AM
She wasn't complaining, and she owned up to her snooping. She said she thought the tools were cool and she liked the wood shavings. She's a keeper.

You sir, are a lucky man! Does she have a sister? ;)

Phil Mueller
12-24-2016, 11:16 AM
Well, my wife took the boxes that arrived from a fellow creeker (chisels), and LV, wrapped them and put them under the tree. Just as well. Will be getting exactly what I want for Christmas.

Jim Becker
12-24-2016, 11:57 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v646/a-j-adopt/junk/IMG_7777_zpsnsmhzeae.jpg

(But fortunately a happy ending it sounds like...she's a keeper!)

Malcolm Schweizer
12-24-2016, 3:27 PM
Yes, I am very blessed. The key, gentlemen, is to keep being handy. Even after you quit being handsome, you can still be handy. She rarely complains about tool purchases and I keep making stuff and fixing stuff for her.

Rich Riddle
12-24-2016, 5:50 PM
Make certain she doesn't teach other wives her ways.

Rick Potter
12-27-2016, 1:19 AM
Perhaps you should look around your shop for hidden cameras.:p

Ryan Lee
12-27-2016, 8:31 AM
I try to get all my new tools dirty immediately so she doesn't notice them. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't!!!