PDA

View Full Version : Jet Cyclone Question: Do they have an inlet grate?

David M Peters
12-23-2016, 3:10 PM
I'm considering Jet's JCDC-2 to replace my Grizzly 548ZP because of noise levels and better chip separation. My Griz, having a metal grate in the main inlet will readily clog up if I capture woodturning shavings. I am wondering if anyone out there knows if Jet's cyclones have a similar grate. Logic would tell me that they don't because the chips don't pass through the impeller but I'd like to confirm before buying one!

Thanks all!

Marc Burt
12-23-2016, 11:04 PM
I can't answer your question but it took less than 10 minutes to cut the one out of mine.

Jim Becker
12-24-2016, 12:09 PM
It makes no sense to me why they would put an "inlet grate" on a pre-separation cyclone since anything that might cause a problem with striking a metal impeller would be removed by the cyclone before the air passes out to the blower. Like Marc mention...I'd remove anything like that for sure since it takes little for a clog to happen when turning or planing shavings are involved, especially the long stringy ones!

Bruce Wrenn
12-25-2016, 8:39 PM
It's there to keep IDIOTS HANDS out of DC inlet. If you think you can control urge to place hand into inlet, remove it.