PDA

View Full Version : DXF Plans

Michele Welch
12-22-2016, 8:12 PM
I'm probably late to the party, but has anyone had any experience with http://www.dxfplans.com/ ? They have some amazing projects that I'd love to try!

Dahveed Sinclair
12-23-2016, 4:11 PM
I signed up there and got a few things. Some issues are that it seems that much of the site has a Portuguese user base so it helps to search in Portuguese (I google translate). Since the search is weird, you have to look through a lot of pages to find things sometimes. Also I would say that the quality is up and down depending on the designer. I got a few duds but most of the things I got from there have been great. I have made the 3d wasps, many boxes and a few bracelets so far. Overall I would recommend it.

Thanks
Dahveed

Martin Raynsford
12-28-2016, 4:33 AM
I just recently heard of them, they have stolen a load of my files (and other files from Thingiverse) and are selling them for money. This breaks the non commercial licensing put on the files but it also means you end up paying for files that you can get for free elsewhere. I would suggest that google image search is a good way of finding the original owners of the things they are selling.

John Lifer
12-28-2016, 8:42 AM
I guess not a lot you can do as this is a foreign host (at least to the US). I'd see if I could see who is hosting his site and let them know that your work is stolen. EU might have some recourse.

john passek
12-28-2016, 5:40 PM
There is another site caked freeDFX, I have used a few of their files with no issues, minimal free files though, lots of pay to use.

Matt McCoy
12-29-2016, 11:41 AM
I just recently heard of them, they have stolen a load of my files (and other files from Thingiverse) and are selling them for money. This breaks the non commercial licensing put on the files but it also means you end up paying for files that you can get for free elsewhere. I would suggest that google image search is a good way of finding the original owners of the things they are selling.

Nameservers are Brazilian, but IP is Houston, TX. DMCA takedown to their host and Google might be something to look at, if so inclined.