PDA

View Full Version : Help My Laser is down for the count.

Roy Haney
12-22-2016, 7:22 PM
This morning I tried to load a file and found that the memory was full. I deleated some files and my Chinese 60watt RDworks locked up. I tried to use the RD8888 password to reset the system but it says password error. When I reset the machine I see the loaded file but cannot access any of them. It does not read the Flash drive. I am at a loss where to start with this. The Company (It is only three months old will not even return a email)
I want to do what I can before having someone like Ray at Rabbit come. I have already had to replace the Laser tube.
Anyone have any ideas or a good troubleshoot of the controller?

Bill George
12-22-2016, 7:52 PM
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?250076-AWC708C-Lite-DSP-Controller-Installation-and-Impressions

Ron Gosnell
12-22-2016, 11:59 PM
Hi Roy, If you would put all of your info in your signature you would get more response. We need to know what equipment you have.
besides the flash drive have you tried to hook up using usb from the computer and control it from there? Does your controller have an Ethernet port?
Do you have a backup settings file ? Do you have a backup user file ? It's important that you don't erase the memory on the controller without having these files. There are other passwords that can corrupt your machine but can help reset it but you should have these files

Roy Haney
12-25-2016, 4:57 PM
This is a 60 Watt laser with a RDC644XG controller I think. the box does not have and label. It resets the system set with the CC8888 pass word but I can not reset the Factory reset. RD8888 does not work. I hate to replace the controller just because I can't find the proper password. A cvourse the ChineseLiaocheng city Dongchangfu District Branch painted laser equipment Co. company which this is in warranty with doesn't even return emails. I feel that if I can just get it to reset I will be ok.

Bill Carruthers
12-25-2016, 5:49 PM
This is a 60 Watt laser with a RDC644XG controller I think. the box does not have and label. It resets the system set with the CC8888 pass word but I can not reset the Factory reset. RD8888 does not work. I hate to replace the controller just because I can't find the proper password. A cvourse the ChineseLiaocheng city Dongchangfu District Branch painted laser equipment Co. company which this is in warranty with doesn't even return emails. I feel that if I can just get it to reset I will be ok.

Roy I had the same problem but got rd8888 to work by running it in lower case instead of upper- Might help...

Ron Gosnell
12-26-2016, 12:32 AM
Roy these passwords can possibly corupt your controller if you enter them on the LCD of the controller instead of using the computer. I don't know how or why it's just something I have read. I did not see anything about corruption if you use these passwords in RDWORKS. Do some searching on this.
Set Fact Para HF8888
Def FacT Para CC8888
If you have rdworks on your computer and you have read and saved the controllers factory settings you can write them back to the controller through RDWorks.
RD8888
I'm sorry I cant give you anymore info than that. Best of luck to you.

Google search these terms and several topics will come up.

Set Fact Para HF8888
Def FacT Para CC8888

John Lifer
12-26-2016, 9:25 AM
You need to go watch rdworks learning Lab episode 74 and 77 on YouTube. Before before you screw things up further.

Also manual is available on the rdworks forum at rdworksforum.com go read it! Will help a lot, It is a good English version that is best out there, not a poor translation into chinglish. join forum there and several may can help you.

I do know that if I have a large file in top memory position it takes a while to delete. Don't be impatient let it think. It is a slow computer sometimes. I wouldn't use those passwords unless you have no choice. Good luck.

David Somers
12-26-2016, 12:27 PM
John,

Just FYI. RDWorksforum.com doesn't work. Is that the address you meant to put out? Or was it RDWorkslab.com?

Happy Boxing Day to all BTW! <grin>

Ron Gosnell
12-26-2016, 2:25 PM
http://rdworkslab.com/index.php

There are some machine files there for download as well as an English rdworks manual. I'm not promoting a different forum, I just believe that Roy would benefit more for his particular problem

David Somers
12-26-2016, 5:43 PM
Ron and John,

If I read that forum right those of us need to be "invited to join" and in the registration provide a code to prove we aren't nefarious automated systems? Any chance one of you could do that please?

Thanks!

Dave

John Noell
12-26-2016, 6:39 PM
Hmm, I don't think you really need an invitation but if you do, I will be happy to provide it, if I can. I registered without an invite. ??? It is a slightly convoluted registration process (to keep he bots out I guess).

David Somers
12-26-2016, 7:29 PM
Thanks John! I will pop back to their site and double check the process and get back to you if I need an invite! Thanks for the offer!

Hope you two had a delightful Christmas and havent suffered too much from the cold, miserable weather in Fiji this time of year? <grin> And that you have a wondeful New Year coming up!!!!

Dave

David Somers
12-26-2016, 7:49 PM
John,

Thanks again for the offer. Their main page says that an aspiring user needs to use their "contact me" option to send a request for a membership to their site admins. They will get back to me once approved or denied. I just submitted that with all the information they asked for so will see how this goes. (when you are a scurrilous scalliwag on forums one never knows the kind of reception one will get)

Thanks again!

Dave

John Kleiber
12-26-2016, 9:18 PM
I have RDworks. Would it be possible to send me an invite also?

Thanks
John

Dave Sheldrake
12-26-2016, 10:16 PM
Thanks John! I will pop back to their site and double check the process

Grab me on Facebook Dave and I'll give you a few reasons why you shouldn't bother ;)

Bill George
12-27-2016, 8:43 AM
It looks like a Forum I would never go and post on. A couple of control freaks running it Their Way or the highway. I bet they sell your info after they gather All of it.

Bert Kemp
12-27-2016, 11:31 AM
I agree with Bill the welcome page is really like hey you do what I say or we delete you.

Matt McCoy
12-27-2016, 12:26 PM
Hey David! That's an interesting forum. Looks like it is temporarily open for guests, if you need it before your application and background check are thoroughly examined by the Stasi. It appears that if Dear Leader accepts you as a member, you must post on the forum or face being banned. But not too much, or you will be banned. Also be sure to put a space between your first and last name, or you will be banned. If your username is taken and must use David Somers2 or something similar, you will have to provide a driver's license or birth certificate to prove this is your full legal name or you will be banned. You must post in the "Tell Us About You" section within one day or you will banned. Last, but not least, the simple rules of the forum are "Play Nice, "Be Nice..." or you will be banned. :)

Good luck!

Ron Gosnell
12-27-2016, 1:45 PM
It's not a bad forum. It is based more for use with the Chinese machines, hence the name RDWORKSLAB. Anyways I just mention it to the OP because it has a couple machine files that may be of use to him to get him up and going. I read all the forums, sawmill just happens to be my favorite

John Noell
12-27-2016, 1:54 PM
Just the fact that they put all that work into a Chinglish-free manual for RDWorks (AKA LaserWorks - before v8) makes them good guys in my eyes. Just because they don't want to spend time babysitting people who cannot read or follow fairly simple instructions doesn't make them bad guys IMO. (Apparently they had trouble with some abusive people and this is the result.)

John Noell
12-27-2016, 1:58 PM
I bet they sell your info after they gather All of it.
That's rather harsh Bill. They have done a major service for those of us with Ruida controllers. Personally, I appreciate what they have done.

David Somers
12-27-2016, 2:21 PM
Morning Matt!

I.....being one who is unable to follow simple instructions....immediately got my code that was emailed to me and filled in the form wrong, typing in my username without the space (a typo actually....but didn't notice it until I hit the submit button) Sigh. I woke this morning to find a reject notice in my inbox. Being stubborn I tried again. I had yellow sticky notes all over my screen screaming (DAVID SPACEBAR SOMERS). I think I got it correct this time. We shall see.

Was mostly curious to see what they had to offer. Was not aware of that forum until Ron mentioned it! SMC is my homebase though. Any group of people that would put up with me nosing around for nearly a year as I learned and researched before even ordering my machine has earned my loyalty and affection!! <grin>

Hope you all had a terrific Boxing Day yesterday!!!!

In case you werent actively celebrating yet......I see that today is National Cut Out Snowflakes Day, as well as National Fruitcakes Day, and National Visit a Zoo Day. I can see I will be quite busy. I hadn't planned on cutting snowflakes out with my laser today...been doing that for weeks now and was hoping for a break! As far as Fruitcakes go, I am not sure if they mean us to celebrate Fruitcakes, or people who are Fruitcakes? I may have to go downtown and hug a Fruitcake while eating Fruitcake to satisfy this holiday proclamation. And the zoo? Always enjoy going there!

Happy celebrating!!!
Dave

Bill George
12-27-2016, 4:26 PM
David I saw you were good enough to be accepted so now they are up to 217 members.

Bert Kemp
12-27-2016, 4:57 PM
Yes 217 but they deleted 6342 for various reasonhttp://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/laughing/rolling-on-the-floor-laughing-smiley-emoticon.gif

David I saw you were good enough to be accepted so now they are up to 217 members.

Scott Marquez
12-27-2016, 5:11 PM
Just the fact that they put all that work into a Chinglish-free manual for RDWorks (AKA LaserWorks - before v8) makes them good guys in my eyes. Just because they don't want to spend time babysitting people who cannot read or follow fairly simple instructions doesn't make them bad guys IMO. (Apparently they had trouble with some abusive people and this is the result.)
I've been a member there most of the year, shortly after it got started and have not seen any increase in Spam. Just like any forum there are some very knowledgeable members and a handful of other members parroting what they have heard somewhere, overall a good group.
It seems to be made up of a lot of Europeans along with everyone else. It is a good gathering place for Chinese laser owners running RDWorkds. It also helps to reduce the repeat questions on Sawmillcreek about their Chinese machine, it's a win-win for everyone.
Scott

Roy Haney
12-28-2016, 8:01 PM
OK I am up sort of.
first of all what really happened. When I overloaded the memory the machine I call Chopsuey decided to have the USB cable for the Flash drive to go out also. We tried to use a network cable to hook up to a computer and that does not work. Found a USB male to female long enough to get to the computer and it came up. Yeah. We could now talk to the machine but it still would not down load a flash drive (Didn't know about the cable yet) Last night decided that the controller memory was corrupt and would do the total reset today. Woke up with the question how about the USB Cable and hooked a flash drive direct to the Controller and low and behold they had a nice conversation about cutting stuff. Still have some files on the controller that don't want to be deleted but now that we have a computer that will talk to the controller I believe that I will get all settled. Thanks for all the advice. I have some experience but it only touches this field not swim in it.

Bill George
12-28-2016, 9:44 PM
FYI flash drives can be corrupted very easy, and of course the files on it will never be recovered.

John Lifer
12-29-2016, 9:31 AM
Back late, sorry David, keyed wrong site in error, duh,. Yeah, the Canadian running the site had issues with setting things up. Let thousands sign up with various usernames, absolutely no conventions and to boot, no requirement to use your real name and some info on the submitted forms. So a lot of issues there. and a major crash a while back. That might have been the issue..About 2 months ago he started to clean up his system and required a username as first name space last name. Nothing else works. And other info posted that you actually own a laser of some kind.

You can just download manual w/o signing up. And the invitation is not really that, just tell admin why you want to join.

Manual is good if you have a Chinese laser running rdworks. And if you have a eBay laser, it looks like a good place to commiserate.
Yes the Admin is almost over the top.