PDA

View Full Version : Medical Alert system No fee

Dave Lehnert
12-22-2016, 6:10 PM
Looking for a no monthly fee Medical Alert System. The kind that you can program to call whoever you want. Like family cell phones.
Something like this
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GZ6GFDS/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2AE9N24W75752&coliid=I2EJLCI1VB5LG7

For the last year we used a cordless phone system that worked well but only lasted a year and looks to be no longer made. Had a pendent you could push a button and dial for help.

Looking for recommendations. I going to need to get this replaced as quick as possible.

Myk Rian
12-23-2016, 2:29 PM
What's wrong with the one you linked to? Looks like it's what you're asking for.

Dave Lehnert
12-24-2016, 10:18 PM
What's wrong with the one you linked to? Looks like it's what you're asking for.

The item in the link, one can only speak through the base unit unlike others where you can speak through the pendent that is worn around the neck.
Not much help if the base unit is in the bedroom and you fall in the kitchen,

Just looking for opinions from people that has been down this road.

FYI- I was able to fix the old pendent. The on off switch had dirt/ dust under it.

Myk Rian
12-25-2016, 9:03 PM
where you can speak through the pendent that is worn around the neck.
New information.

Bruce Wrenn
12-26-2016, 10:08 AM
Speaking from experience, get a Phillips LifeLine that senses a fall. FIL had one, and by time we could get to his house, First Responders were there. Teller at bank had an aunt who fell and couldn't push button. Lost a leg due to lack of circulation. Had she had the one that senses fall, help would have been on the way. Don't forget to get an out side lock box for door key, or first responders are REQUIRED to bash door in. Then you have TWO problems.

Dave Lehnert
12-27-2016, 9:26 PM
Speaking from experience, get a Phillips LifeLine that senses a fall. FIL had one, and by time we could get to his house, First Responders were there. Teller at bank had an aunt who fell and couldn't push button. Lost a leg due to lack of circulation. Had she had the one that senses fall, help would have been on the way. Don't forget to get an out side lock box for door key, or first responders are REQUIRED to bash door in. Then you have TWO problems.

Good information. Thanks!