PDA

View Full Version : pen holder

Paul Phillips
12-19-2016, 5:47 PM
Hi guys, I recently purchased a Vision Pro 2448 engraver, I would like to find a "pen tool" which is a 1/4" shank top loading engraving tool with a Cross pen insert so that you can use it to mark on the engraving table. I know that Gravograph has one but it is 11/64" shank, does anyone have a source for a 1/4" tool? I use it to place custom made ADA sign blanks on the table and then drill for the Braille holes.
Thanks

Mark Sipes
12-19-2016, 9:50 PM
are you asking for the pen itself::

http://q1engravers.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1814&products_id=1836

Tony Lenkic
12-19-2016, 10:14 PM
Paul,

If you are asking for braille insertion pen you would need a licence from Accent signage or you can google "braille-Oz" insertion tool.
For 1/4" braille drill Johnson plastic, Laserbits, Q1 engravers, Bits and Bits, Xenetech, Able engravers etc will have them for sure.

Keith Outten
12-20-2016, 8:26 AM
Paul,

I purchased a pen tool for my CNC Router that fits in a 1/4" chuck. It's spring loaded so it keeps a constant pressure on the paper and uses a common size permanent marker.

I think that I have shared the information about the pen tool in an earlier post, if you can't find it let me know.

Paul Phillips
12-20-2016, 11:08 AM
Paul,

If you are asking for braille insertion pen you would need a licence from Accent signage or you can google "braille-Oz" insertion tool.
For 1/4" braille drill Johnson plastic, Laserbits, Q1 engravers, Bits and Bits, Xenetech, Able engravers etc will have them for sure.

Hi Tony, I already have the Braille pen, what I am looking for is a holder for an ink pen that I can use to draw on the table with.
Thanks for the help though!
Keith, I hadn't thought of that, I'll look for it, thanks for the tip!

Tony Lenkic
12-20-2016, 11:19 AM
Paul,

In that case Mark has directed you to right place.......Fred at Q engravers has pen to draw with engraver.

Paul Phillips
12-20-2016, 11:23 AM
Paul,

In that case Mark has directed you to right place.......Fred at Q engravers has pen to draw with engraver.

Yes, that's exactly what I was looking for, thanks Tony and thanks Mark!