PDA

View Full Version : another solicitor or scamer

Bert Kemp
12-19-2016, 3:55 PM
Got this email this morning, not sure what to make of it. Since I'm not a business per say I don't understand some of these email I get. Does this guy want me to engrave glass for his company or does he want me to pay him to find me customers?:rolleyes::confused:

Dave Roche <dcr@ngm-mail.com> (dcr@ngm-mail.com)

Today at 12:50 AM

To

bert (bert@arizonalazer.com)

Message body Our company has a network of almost 44,000,000 online subscribers.
The technology that we use gives us the unique ability to present
to our subscribers a preferred, best choice when they are looking
on any of the major search engines.

We are looking for a best, preferred choice to send our people
who are looking for quality glass engraving services in various markets.

I am in the office weekdays from 8:00AM to 5:00PM Pacific time.

Best regards,

Dave Roche
Network Services Analyst, SPSOnline

(877) 433.9269, Ext. 571

Gary Hair
12-19-2016, 5:04 PM
It all seems fishy to me. I googled the name "SPSOnline", "Dave Roche" and "ngm-mail.com" - nothing came up that associates the three of them together. He could be legit and is a 3rd party reseller of some marketing program, but I wouldn't take that chance. The only thing going for that email is that the spelling and grammar are not too bad, nothing like the typical spam/scam email that I get. Click on delete and be done with it.

Kev Williams
12-19-2016, 5:43 PM
They're not looking to have YOU engrave glass products for THEM, they want YOU to pay THEM to have YOUR "I engrave glass" advertisement be found by search engines easier.

Every day about 3 or 4 people find ME via search engine, even though my website has been down for weeks. Most of those calls result in nothing. Most that result in something net me about $12 an hour. Maybe 1 in 100 calls amounts to anything. The calls that DO work out are those that start with '______ referred you to me'....

What I'd pay good money for is to be completely removed from the internet without having to completely change my personal and business identity. That's a skill nobody seems to know...

Bert Kemp
12-19-2016, 5:51 PM
Deleted and gone:D

Bill George
12-19-2016, 6:05 PM
Like Kev said, if you have a website up or advertise something on Craigslist you will get lots of those type of emails. IF it does not refer to a product I am selling or any of my services.... no analyzing it just gets deleted. Just for fun, Google your name, you will be surprised at what you see!

Joseph Shawa
12-22-2016, 3:24 PM
Just like 1 800 DENTIST. Everyone of them pays for the "honor"

Jacob John
12-22-2016, 3:58 PM
Hi Mr. Bert Kemp,

I have an offer for you that you will find most rewarding. I recently found out that you're a prince of a very small island, and to secure your throne, you must send me $1,000,000 American Dollars immediately. In failing to do so, I will be forced to vacate your throne in favor of a lesser royal. I look forward to your response, and will begin your ascension as soon as I receive the funds.

Eternally Your Servant,

Johnny Mumbato

Bert Kemp
12-22-2016, 7:09 PM
Johnny Checks in the Mail http://www.picgifs.com/graphics/l/laughing/graphics-laughing-867787.gif

Hi Mr. Bert Kemp,

I have an offer for you that you will find most rewarding. I recently found out that you're a prince of a very small island, and to secure your throne, you must send me $1,000,000 American Dollars immediately. In failing to do so, I will be forced to vacate your throne in favor of a lesser royal. I look forward to your response, and will begin your ascension as soon as I receive the funds.

Eternally Your Servant,

Johnny Mumbato

Bill Cunningham
12-25-2016, 12:38 PM
I love the ones that simply say we want to order your product (????) Could you please send us your catalogue
Usually from the UAE.. I just delete them.. not worth the time to be bothered with them 100% chance of scam

Bill Reibelt
12-26-2016, 5:54 AM
Hey thats mine, I was asked before you. HaHa......

Frédéric PARROT
12-28-2016, 4:16 AM
Hi Bert,

In your first post, remove your mail adress ...