PDA

View Full Version : May usage stats?

Jason Roehl
06-19-2003, 8:42 AM
Just wondering if we were going to see them...I don't recall them being posted as they were for the 1st 3 months of SMC operation. Of course, if members aren't interested in seeing them, please say so here.

John Miliunas
06-19-2003, 11:18 AM
Here, here! Yeah, I'd like to see them, as well. I'm not convinced that the stats are a direct reflection of a site's value, but still, I'm kinda' curious. :cool:

Keith Outten
06-19-2003, 4:43 PM
Here are the May 2003 statistics for SawMill Creek. The numbers are down a bit, not surprising considering most people spend more time outside during warm weather. Note that the files we serve are actually up this month.

The chart also shows our June stats up to and including June 18th.

Jason Roehl
06-19-2003, 7:01 PM
Thanks, Keith! Like John, it's just some strange fascination with numbers. My work doesn't often involve sitting at a desk crunching numbers (math was always my thing in school), so this provides at least a little brain food. The # of hits may be down for May, but I did notice that the amount of data transferred is up...wonder what that means--maybe more people are posting pics?

Tom Sweeney
06-19-2003, 10:10 PM
The hits are only down because I have been too busy to hang out at the Creek lately - hopefully only a temporary thing. Once I get caught up You'll see your hits back on the upswing ;)

Seriously You guys are doing a great job!

John Miliunas
06-19-2003, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by Keith Outten
Here are the May 2003 statistics for SawMill Creek. The numbers are down a bit, not surprising considering most people spend more time outside during warm weather.

Guilty as charged! Besides other outdoor activities and work around the house, I'm also the family's official "pool boy", which also gets time-consuming. (Ahhhh, but so nice to jump in when I'm done!) :D

I know it's already been said, but really nice job by Keith and all those involved in making this a super WW site! I just can't say enough about how I enjoy the company and the fact that I can cruise around here without fear of contemptuous remarks OR ads! :D You just don't find stuff like that "out there" anymore. Back in February, I declared this as my WW home forum and, even though I've visited (very briefly) a couple others, this is still "home" and you guys will have to kick me out before I leave! So there!!!

Thanks again to our sponsors and the moderators who help keep the noise down to a dull roar. :cool:

Keith Outten
06-20-2003, 12:42 AM
No problem guys, I check the stats regularly to keep up with our progress and as a double check on performance. The total stats provided by the software we use is about 15 pages if printed so the details are comprehensive. The graphic I posted is just the basics.

The largest contributor to our data transfer numbers is suprisingly the avatars, the little 50 by 50 pixel pictures. Of course as we grow there are more and more pictures posted and this contributes as well. Not to worry, we are way under the resources we have allocated for the SMC's private server...plenty of room to grow. When the time comes and we need additional horse power we simply add another machine and distribute the CPU clock cycles to keep the performance within acceptable limits.