PDA

View Full Version : Getting left behind already?!!

Dave Anderson
02-18-2003, 2:54 PM
Wow, this site has only been up about a week and it looks like it is taking off! Good to see so many Ponders at the SawMill.

This is really a gratuitous post to get my "member count" up! All my posts and "seniority" were lost with the demise of the Main Forum. Shoot, I actually held the high count for posts for about an hour the first day of this forum - until Ken Salisbury joined up!:p

I'm still trying to figure out this new look and format but it looks like the member's list includes quite a bit of the old Pond gang, men and women alike. Good to see <u>you</u> here Barb Gill :D

More gratuitous and some serious posts to follow!

Let's get Ernie Miller over here :cool:

These faces are fun!

Jim Fuller
02-18-2003, 3:12 PM
:D Hey Dave I need one more post to become a member (after this post) I did a lot of lurking on the pond, but you are correct in getting some of the older members over here. The Neanderthal forum is not moving much. I guess that will just take time. BTW I don't think anyone can keep up with Ken.

Dave Anderson NH
02-18-2003, 3:37 PM
had made the leap of faith. After all, what good is a website without at least 2 Dave Andersons posting?

Dave Hammelef
02-18-2003, 3:49 PM
Just another Dave here.

The more Dave's the merry.

(or should that be the more Dave's the more trouble????)

Dave Anderson
02-18-2003, 3:51 PM
Good to see you here too, my left-handed Twin!

It looks like I beat you here by about a day. I signed up the day this site opened up on the 11th and posted quite a few "suggestions" to Keith and Co. on bugs and other fixes. All lost now with the "killing" of the original Main Forum.

I see that your profile has NH as part of your name. Did you do that yourself or ask one of the Administrators to add it for you?

I wanted to have my profile read: Dave Anderson, SoCal but the software only allowed 15 characters in the name field on day-one. That has since been expanded to 30 characters.:(

Looking forward to confusing these poor souls with our names!

Hint: Left-handed = Right Coast; Right-handed = Left Coast heeheehe :p

Dave Arbuckle
02-18-2003, 3:53 PM
Scuse me, scuse me...

There room for another Dave in this thread?

Not sure where Texas is supposed to fall in the handedness thing cuz, but I'm left-handed.

Dave :D

Dave Anderson
02-18-2003, 4:06 PM
You betcha, y'all Texas' Dave's are part of the "family" too.

I never did an official "tally" on the Pond but I think "Dave" was the Number 1 name there.:)

If we really want to shake thing up here we could all start signing "Dave" and that could be any of a hundred guys. heehee...

This site has some nifty features like private messaging and "buddy" lists.

A "Dave" buddy list, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Ken Salisbury
02-18-2003, 4:50 PM
Originally posted by Jim Fuller
:D Hey Dave I need one more post to become a member (after this post) I did a lot of lurking on the pond, but you are correct in getting some of the older members over here. The Neanderthal forum is not moving much. I guess that will just take time. BTW I don't think anyone can keep up with Ken. That's because I'm retired and you peasants have to work for a living:)

Dave Anderson
02-18-2003, 5:06 PM
..... you are about the workin-est retired guy <b>I've</b> ever known.

50 posts
50 pens
5 Bud Lites

What a wonderful Country!

John Sanford
02-18-2003, 6:09 PM
Yeah, its amazing how much folks can post when they're snowed in, eh?

Me, I haven't had that problem. In fact, had to use the ol' sun glasses this weekend....:cool:

Bob Lasley
02-18-2003, 6:16 PM
Dave, all of you,

Yes we need to work on Ernie. We definately need his "Weekend Projects" post over here. He posted on the Pond today about giving up forums, etc.

We need Ernie!!

Bob

Dave Anderson
02-18-2003, 6:27 PM
Originally posted by Bob Lasley
Dave, all of you,

Yes we need to work on Ernie. We definately need his "Weekend Projects" post over here. He posted on the Pond today about giving up forums, etc.

We need Ernie!!

Bob

Yeah Bob,
I saw Ernie's post on the Pond, very sad. That's one of the reasons I mentioned him by name in my post.

Most of the old gang are giving the SawMill a good, hard shake-down. Keith, Jackie and the other Admin's are bending over backwards to address our requests and needs.

I think Ernie would like it here - the question is how do we get him to snap out of it and at least give it a try? Most of his Friends-o-the-Pond are here so it would be kind of a homecoming thing.

Dave Anderson NH
02-19-2003, 10:42 AM
it feels like home. Dave Anderson SoCal, I did get the administrators to change to screen name for me since once you're in the system you can't change it yourself. I figured the Dave Anderson Chester, NH that I use on the other websites was too much and I didn't know they allowed up to 30 characters now.

As for this left handed -right coast stuff, I'm a lefty and I'm also confused. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Dr. Zack Jennings
02-19-2003, 5:38 PM
My middle name is David and I was called that until some friends in College thought Zack was funny. I like being the only Zack around but the Generation that's coming on today has a lot of them............ I'm the original Zack <p>

OK, I claimed another post. How many do you need to be a member?

Jason Roehl
02-19-2003, 5:57 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Zack Jennings

OK, I claimed another post. How many do you need to be a member?

30. At 100, you get to be a Senior Member .

Jason

Dr. Zack Jennings
02-19-2003, 7:11 PM
I'm not sure I want to be Senior. Some one offered me a Senior Citzen's Discount the other day and I turned it down. I suppose this is built into the software but I would like "Charter Member" status. Just sounds good. <p>

That's another post..........................

Ron Jones near Indy
02-19-2003, 7:19 PM
1. we need Ernie Miller--keep after him, he'll show I hope
2. I feel like a senior, senior member doesn't bother me
3. Charter member sounds nice!

Dave Anderson
02-19-2003, 7:40 PM
...I like the idea of charter member. Anybody who registers in say the first month (we are at day 9) could be a charter member. This status would fall outside of the New-Member-Sr. classification.

#20 heeheehe:p

Bruce Page
02-19-2003, 7:56 PM
Originally posted by Dave Anderson
...I like the idea of charter member. Anybody who registers in say the first month (we are at day 9) could be a charter member. This status would fall outside of the New-Member-Sr. classification.

:p

How about a Senior Charter Member! I've been around since day one - Feb 11th

Ted Shrader
02-20-2003, 8:50 AM
Originally posted by Bruce Page
How about a Senior Charter Member! I've been around since day one - Feb 11th

Ditto for me, too. I like Senior Charter Member. Trouble is couple years down the road when we have a bunch of newer members .... that are senior members ... will they feel excluded?

OOPs, I might have had a PC thought there. :)

Ted

Mike Grennier
02-20-2003, 10:17 AM
Hey all.

(No, I'm not a "Dave" - but I'm sure there will be quite a few "Mikes" pretty soon)...

This is a great looking site. I'm glad to see so many familiar names. I'm not a frequent poster, but am a frequent "lurker".

Howard Rosenberg
02-20-2003, 10:29 AM
There, I did it. I'm also trying to get the number of my posts up.
Howard-in-warming-up-but-quite-ready-to-use-glue-in-an-unheated-garage- Toronto

Howard Rosenberg
02-20-2003, 10:35 AM
Admittedly, I was coy about how I did it but, I LIKE my posts.
AWWWW.....
Any way....

RJ Schuff
02-20-2003, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Dave Anderson
Wow, this site has only been up about a week and it looks like it is taking off! Good to see so many Ponders at the SawMill.

This is really a gratuitous post to get my "member count" up! All my posts and "seniority" were lost with the demise of the Main Forum. Shoot, I actually held the high count for posts for about an hour the first day of this forum - until Ken Salisbury joined up!:p

I'm still trying to figure out this new look and format but it looks like the member's list includes quite a bit of the old Pond gang, men and women alike. Good to see <u>you</u> here Barb Gill :D

More gratuitous and some serious posts to follow!

Let's get Ernie Miller over here :cool:

These faces are fun!

Here is my gratuitous post to your gratuitous post for the same reason.

Cheers

RJ

Howard Rosenberg
02-20-2003, 10:44 AM
The Creek reminds me of a place I worked at a few years ago.
The only way to get a job there was to be named Dave. "David" was quietly discouraged.
It got out of hand by the time we had a Dave Mercy AND a Dave Murphy.
It always reminded me of the Monty Python thing with everyone at a meeting named Bruce.
Should the GM ever hire someone named Craig or Al, my first question was always, "Is it OK if we call ya Dave?"