PDA

View Full Version : Not sending job to printer

Delbert Rippetoe
12-18-2016, 7:17 PM
Tonight I finished some engraving using the rotary. Shutoff the machine removed rotary and fired up the engraver and now it will not send anything to the engraver. The only thing that makes sense is a failure with the USB cable. Is this a standard cable? Anything else I can try? The jobs are in queue but do not go to the engraver. Epilog 36EXT

Bert Kemp
12-18-2016, 7:51 PM
I've had that happen I get a communication lost error
I just unplug and re plug the cable and that usually fixes it.
also try another port

Kev Williams
12-18-2016, 8:15 PM
My GCC does that a half dozen times a day. No clue why, but as I understand it GCC's USB driver is a bit funky. Different cables don't help. But, the unplug-replug thing fixes it every time.

Matt McCoy
12-18-2016, 8:48 PM
I would look into using the Ethernet connection, if possible.

Gary Hair
12-18-2016, 9:09 PM
My GCC does that a half dozen times a day. No clue why, but as I understand it GCC's USB driver is a bit funky. Different cables don't help. But, the unplug-replug thing fixes it every time.

Something else is going on Kev. I had that happen a few times, but rarely more than once a month. There may be something else screwing up the connection, but it shouldn't happen that often.

Delbert Rippetoe
12-19-2016, 10:06 AM
I have tried switching ports. I have tried putting the rotary back in (not sure why but this was working right before this happened so I am trying everything). I have opened a ticket with epilog to see if they can help. Thanks for the replies. I will post the fix.

Thanks

Gary Hair
12-19-2016, 10:15 AM
Reboot the computer - solves abut 99% of computer problems.

Braden Todd
12-19-2016, 10:47 AM
We had this happen too. Ended up having to reinstall the print drivers etc.

Kev Williams
12-19-2016, 12:40 PM
Something else is going on Kev. I had that happen a few times, but rarely more than once a month. There may be something else screwing up the connection, but it shouldn't happen that often.

Usually it happens when sending a job from a different computer; Don will run a few jobs from his computer, then if I send a job most times it won't go thru, and vice versa. Sometimes is won't go after waking up the machine, but that's rare. I think it's mostly a network thing. My LS900, if I send a big job directly, it's screen will say "calculating" while it uploads, but the screen nevers says squat with jobs I send from another computer.

Delbert Rippetoe
12-19-2016, 4:37 PM
I converted to Ethernet. Hopefully it will be more reliable, although, I haven't had any issues until now. Thanks for your input.