PDA

View Full Version : Delta Unisaw - To rebuild or not to rebuild...

Bradley J Jones
12-15-2016, 2:32 PM
Hello all.

A couple years ago, I acquired a 34-450 Unisaw from an auction and have just now gotten to the point of rebuilding. I finally sourced a single phase motor so swap out, and checked runout on the arbor and decided to pull and and send it off to Sawcenter to get rebuilt.

While pulling the arbor bracket noticed that about half of the teeth are worn beyond repair. The lead screw that it runs on seems to be fine.

349528 349529 349530

I am having a hard time sourcing good information about the part numbers of the arbor brackets of all these similar saws and which ones are compatible and even having a hard time sourcing one.

I'd love to have a running table saw before the first of the year but I don't really want to wait around doing a daily search trying to find a used bracket that I may not find for another 6 months.

I'm in the saw for $275, and another $230 for the 1ph motor, so I'm still doing pretty good but I don't want to drop another $300 on a used bracket.

I did think about parting out the saw and getting a new cabinet saw...

What should I do? Or, does anyone have an arbor they want to sell?

Matt Day
12-15-2016, 5:25 PM
You're in the wrong place. Check out OWWM.

Being an OWWM'er, the answer is always yes, restore it.

Mike Manning
12-15-2016, 5:53 PM
What Matt said.

Carroll Courtney
12-15-2016, 6:11 PM
Welcome to one of the best forums but please do go over to OWWM and also become a member.Both of these forums go hand in hand.One of the nice things about these saws is parts are all over ebay and over on OWWM in the BOYD section,just watch and check daily for what you need.Help on those saws are endless on OWWM,but to get you started on parts look here http://www.vintagemachinery.org/pubs/1141/3702.pdf maybe this will help.Please post pics as you make progress,when you get done with your saw you will never need to upgrade.Congratulations---Carroll

Bradley J Jones
12-15-2016, 7:30 PM
Thanks guys, I'm already getting replies to the thread I started over there.

Mike Kees
12-15-2016, 8:23 PM
Bradley, you might just be in luck. I pulled the part number off your posted photo and will go over to my shop and check. I have a unisaw that I parted out and may have your gear. will let you know.

Mike Kees
12-15-2016, 8:50 PM
Bradley, I have the exact part you need off a Rockwell 34-450 part #422-04-014-2005. Teeth are perfect. I live in Southern Alberta but will be going to the border in next couple of days if you are interested PM me and I could ship it to you.

Matt Day
12-15-2016, 8:58 PM
Maybe you did come to the right place!

Vince Shriver
12-15-2016, 11:23 PM
Maybe you did come to the right place!

"Even a blind squirrel can get lucky and find an acorn sometimes." The people that frequent this site are awesome.

Bradley J Jones
12-16-2016, 9:39 PM
Yes!! This is an amazing place!! Got a great deal on a new(to me) bracket here, and over at owwm, someone recognized that my worm gear was worn from the picture and said he'd donate one if I found a new bracket. My saw will be as good as new!!

I'm already excited about when I can pass on the good favor I received to the next SMC or OWWM member...

Mike Kees
12-16-2016, 10:10 PM
Hey Bradley,I need a shipping address to send your part. I tried to PM but for some reason cannot get it to work now. I will be going to the border tomorrow if I get your info,thanks Mike.

Mike Kees
12-30-2016, 7:56 PM
Hey Bradley did you get the part for your tablesaw ? Just wondering if it made it . Mike.