PDA

View Full Version : Butfering wide belt sander

Ian Funk
12-14-2016, 9:15 AM
I'm looking for my first wide belt sander and I came across a Butfering. It's a 43" 25HP sander from 2002. I do have the power to run it through a large RPC. What are your thoughts on this for a first WBS? I do have experience with WBS I worked at a cabinet shop and currently have a smaller one. Are parts hard to get for butfering? The one I'm looking at is a little bigger than I was looking for but I'm sure I would grow into it. Any feedback or advice would be great thanks.

Martin Wasner
12-14-2016, 9:30 AM
Butfering builds a solid widebelt. I know of a few shops that have them and are quite happy.

Parts shouldn't be a problem unless it is ancient. Stiles sells Butfering. I'm don't know if they are also the importer or not. Talking with someone who sells them might be beneficial. You might be looking at a model or age that was a complete lemon, or perfectly fine. Or how accessible parts are. All good stuff to know. I'd also ask if there might be any problems running it off of a phase converter.

Ian Funk
12-15-2016, 6:21 PM
I ended up getting a butfering at an auction i called stiles machinery and they have all the parts and manuels. The model i got is a butfering super 111L 43". I got it for around $7000 with closing costs and everything. Got the service records checked it was orginally sold by them so they have records. Look in beautiful shape. Ill try and send some pictures when i get it in my shop

brian zawatsky
12-15-2016, 11:28 PM
I ended up getting a butfering at an auction i called stiles machinery and they have all the parts and manuels. The model i got is a butfering super 111L 43". I got it for around $7000 with closing costs and everything. Got the service records checked it was orginally sold by them so they have records. Look in beautiful shape. Ill try and send some pictures when i get it in my shop

Yeah, they have the parts alright. Just wait till you see what they charge you for 'em lol!

Rick Fisher
12-16-2016, 2:31 AM
Stiles is owned by the company that own's Butfering.. I think its also Weeke and Homag. Really high end stuff. Quality product.

brian zawatsky
12-16-2016, 6:14 AM
Stiles is owned by the company that own's Butfering.. I think its also Weeke and Homag. Really high end stuff. Quality product. Weeke, Holzma, Butfering, Brandt, Bargstedt, Homag are all meet the umbrella of the Homag Group, which also recently acquired Stiles. Last year Homag was bought by another company whose name I can't recall at the moment. They make awesome machines. The shop I work in is fitted with Homag machinery.