PDA

View Full Version : Jointer HELP

Chris shultz
12-12-2016, 8:32 PM
Just came across a jointer that is a 6" Bridgewood Jointer with stand - Model# CT-150A. My questions are is this a good jointer for just starting out. Will I be able to get replacement parts if it breaks? Any insight on what jointer to get is greatly appreciated.

Brant Foltman
12-12-2016, 8:58 PM
I don't know much about different jointer brand specifics. However, if I were to buy another one I would check to see if there are adjustments for the corners of the tables. Mine has dovetail slots that the tables slide on and it is a nightmare trying to get the tables coplanar. I watched a youtube video by the wood whisperer explaining this in detail. I really wish I would have seen this video before I bought my crappy harbor freight jointer.

Frank Pratt
12-13-2016, 1:49 PM
Dovetail ways by them selves do not make a crappy jointer, although that can certainly help. I have a General Int. with dovetails & it's always been spot on, with just minimal adjustments when it was new.

Mike Kees
12-15-2016, 1:11 AM
What parts are you worried about ? The only thing you would probaly ever need would be electrical,switch ,cord ,plug or new bearings in the cutter head.All these things are available from many sources besides the original manufacturer. Besides those things if the cutterhead guard is in good shape I would'nt worry to much about parts. What I would check is if the bed of the jointer is flat and if there is any twist in either the bed or fence. I have no experience with Bridgewood machines ,they were imported from Taiwan and other sources and have a good reputation. What was the price ?