PDA

View Full Version : Mecco Fiber Lasers

Tim Bateson
12-12-2016, 10:18 AM
I haven't seen anyone here using the Mecco Fiber Lasers, out of Pittsburgh. At this moment they are the leading contender for my next Fiber. I'm looking at their 100w model. Anyone here with any exposure to this brand?

Mike Null
12-12-2016, 11:41 AM
Tim

Have a look at Jimani out of California as well.

Dave Sheldrake
12-12-2016, 1:09 PM
Ask about the M^2 figures Tim, and the maker of the sources used in them.

matthew knott
12-12-2016, 6:49 PM
100 watts is a lot in a pulsed laser! Are you just buying 100 watts because it the biggest they do and you think it will do the job quicker ? The m2 value generally goes up with power so the spot size is bigger! These things aren't really linear in the actual work you can get done compared to the power you have a available ! Think a 700bhp taxi , it won't earn the driver 4 times as much in fares or be 4 times quicker ! Be fun on the strip mind! My point is do your research , make sure you NEED that power, a 50 watt fibre is still a beast

Jacob John
09-21-2018, 10:00 PM
100 watts is a lot in a pulsed laser! Are you just buying 100 watts because it the biggest they do and you think it will do the job quicker ? The m2 value generally goes up with power so the spot size is bigger! These things aren't really linear in the actual work you can get done compared to the power you have a available ! Think a 700bhp taxi , it won't earn the driver 4 times as much in fares or be 4 times quicker ! Be fun on the strip mind! My point is do your research , make sure you NEED that power, a 50 watt fibre is still a beast

Old thread bump alert! But Matt, if you're strictly cutting, is the same true? I would think that a 100w vs 50w, strictly cutting, that the 100w's speed would be significantly faster right?