PDA

View Full Version : Excalibur scroll saw

Hugh Watling
12-10-2016, 12:22 PM
Does anybody know why the Excalibur scroll saw is not available from any of the vendors? Has General quit making them or are they having problems with their production?

larry senen
12-10-2016, 1:51 PM
my supplier told me they are moving the factory .

John Lankers
12-10-2016, 3:22 PM
I learned from two sources in the business that General sold out to a Chinese business man / consortium and since the manufacturing facilities are located in Taiwan and China being Taiwan's arch enemy there are problems. I was told that funds paid by General to the manufacturer in Taiwan are going through China now and the Chinese government is freezing the funds and the Taiwanese manufacturer refuses to ship the goods.
Also, the Chinese are planning to move the production to mainland China, which will probably be (IMO) the end of it, IMO.
There are woodworking machines popping up that are identical to the General International line, including Excalibur scroll saws and table saw dust hoods, painted in a different color though. One Canadian supplier offered GI drum sanders with the General International decals removed at over 30% under retail (I tried to snatch one up but they must have been sold within minutes). The Taiwanese have to offload the equipment somewhere.

John Gornall
12-10-2016, 4:12 PM
KMS tools in Vancouver has the 16" and 21" in stock - Listed as King Canada not General International - maybe further stock adjustments from Taiwan.