PDA

View Full Version : Delta Invicta planer 22-650 - Oil?

andrew whicker
12-09-2016, 11:19 AM
Hi all,

I picked up the planer a few nights ago. When the guy and I lifted it in (they are extremely heavy), we ended up tipping it over onto the front of it. Not a huge deal.

I had a late night that night and wasn't unable to unload it until the next day. It developed an oil leak, which I think is just due to the fact that it was sitting on it's face. I've been looking at manuals online, but nothing tells me proper oil level or where to add oil.

I think I have to take a cover off to get to the re-fill area?

Anyone familiar with this machine that can chime in?

Thanks and cheers,

Mike Heidrick
12-09-2016, 12:23 PM
Look at a similar machine like this one - http://www.utpb.edu/docs/default-source/utpb-docs/artsci/art/delta-15-planer-manual.pdf?sfvrsn=4

Should be a dain plug/hole and a fill plug/hole. You fill till the top of the fill hole.

Congrats.

andrew whicker
12-09-2016, 1:00 PM
Thanks, the manuals I could find online for my machine didn't seem to be the full manual.

andrew whicker
12-09-2016, 1:02 PM
My machine is also stuck, the top will not raise. It will lower, but not raise.

The sample board we pushed through at the seller's house was only about .5" thick or so. In messing with it, I have lowered this d*mn thing to the table surface. I am going to try to loosen the lock screws on the four verticals that the top rides on. I hope the machine will 'find level' and get un-pinched / un-jammed.

i think this happened when it flopped into my truck bed. Hope nothing is damaged.

Cheers,