PDA

View Full Version : Why is it ?

Scott Donley
10-08-2005, 2:51 PM
As I was about to leave the house today at 10:00 for an old tool auction that starts at 11:00, MY 21 YEAR OLD daughter "oh, I forgot to tell you, my bathroom floor was soaked this morning" at 21 you would think this is an important thing to tell me! Pulled up the carpet, tank on toilet has a crack " I didn"t do it " so spending money on a toilet, not some neat new old tool. Do kids ever learn? Just venting, Thanks

Doug Jones
10-08-2005, 2:58 PM
Do they ever really leave home?????
I think your venting makes my point.
Sorry that the monies had to go for other stuff. At 21 years though, I would had her pay, if for no other reason than to learn to be more responsible.

Tony Falotico
10-08-2005, 3:08 PM
Do kids ever learn? Just venting, Thanks

Mine are 30, 28 and 26 years old. All married and out of the house. But still, the answer to your question is NO! :mad: :( :) :D

Scott Donley
10-08-2005, 3:20 PM
Mine are 30, 28 and 26 years old. All married and out of the house. But still, the answer to your question is NO! :mad: :( :) :DThanks, that REALLY makes my day!!

Tim Morton
10-08-2005, 6:12 PM
As I was about to leave the house today at 10:00 for an old tool auction that starts at 11:00, MY 21 YEAR OLD daughter "oh, I forgot to tell you, my bathroom floor was soaked this morning" at 21 you would think this is an important thing to tell me! Pulled up the carpet, tank on toilet has a crack " I didn"t do it " so spending money on a toilet, not some neat new old tool. Do kids ever learn? Just venting, Thanks

I am assuming this is a toilet in YOUR house...otherwise i cannot imagine why you would be spending YOUR money on her toilet :confused: :D

John Miliunas
10-08-2005, 6:32 PM
Scott, I'm definitely NOT laughing at you, but more with you! A couple years ago, my oldest moved to Florida. No money to speak of and she needed a car. I had a pretty decent Sebring, which ran like a top, albeit getting a bit high on mileage. So, instead of selling it or trading it in, I had it shipped to her. She managed to pay for half the shipping!:rolleyes: Anyhow, anytime and I do mean anytime there was the very slightest burp with that car, she's on the phone to me! It's like, "Sweetheart. Exactly what would you like me to do from 1300 miles away???":confused: She called asking for her mom once, wanting to know how long to boil eggs. Hard boiled, no less! Go figure...:D :cool:

Tony Falotico
10-08-2005, 6:52 PM
I am assuming this is a toilet in YOUR house...otherwise i cannot imagine why you would be spending YOUR money on her toilet :confused: :D

LOL ....... ROFL ......... LOL some more.......... Obviously, Tim doesn't have grown kids yet !!

John, My daughter BORROWED my Ford Ranger to go to school in St. Petersburg, let's see, in August of 1997. Had 40,000 miles on it when she 'borrowed' it. Finally returned it last December with 150,000+ miles on it. And guess who paid for the new tranny at 80,000 miles. :D

KIDS, Don't Ya Just LUV 'EM !!!!

Tim Morton
10-08-2005, 6:59 PM
LOL ....... ROFL ......... LOL some more.......... Obviously, Tim doesn't have grown kids yet !!

John, My daughter BORROWED my Ford Ranger to go to school in St. Petersburg, let's see, in August of 1997. Had 40,000 miles on it when she 'borrowed' it. Finally returned it last December with 150,000+ miles on it. And guess who paid for the new tranny at 80,000 miles. :D

KIDS, Don't Ya Just LUV 'EM !!!!

nope..but I do have a 16 AND a 15 year daughters...maybe I am just lulling mtyself into a false sense of security here?? But I think that t hey will NEVER even try to make it on there own as long as we are there to do it for them.
:D :D

In reality my 15 year old will be fine....however my 16 year old is a different animal. I see me going over to her house in the middle of the night to change a light buld or two.

Karl Laustrup
10-08-2005, 7:11 PM
nope..but I do have a 16 AND a 15 year daughters...maybe I am just lulling mtyself into a false sense of security here?? But I think that t hey will NEVER even try to make it on there own as long as we are there to do it for them.
:D :D

In reality my 15 year old will be fine....however my 16 year old is a different animal. I see me going over to her house in the middle of the night to change a light buld or two.

You are so right about making it on their own.

On the other hand, what makes you think you'll have to go to HER house. It may be just to another room in YOUR house. :eek:

Karl

Tim Morton
10-08-2005, 7:28 PM
You are so right about making it on their own.

On the other hand, what makes you think you'll have to go to HER house. It may be just to another room in YOUR house. :eek:

Karl

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Richard Wolf
10-08-2005, 8:50 PM
What's really sickening is when they leave home......................and then come back!!!!!

Richard

Dar Lounsbury
10-08-2005, 10:28 PM
What's really sickening is when they leave home......................and then come back!!!!!

Richard
And back, and back and back again. When the 26 year old comes over for a visit once a week or more, he can't leave without a sack full of 'donations' from the pantry and fridge. Part of a parents duty, right? At least his mom thinks so.

Randy Meijer
10-09-2005, 5:10 AM
I understand that this thread is only "HALF" serious so let me suggest that only "HALF" of the problem lies with the kids. :D :D My Mom taught me to iron a shirt, mend a sock, make a lasagna and bake a cake. My dad taught the girls to change a car tire, how to use a plunger and where the water cutoff was for the house. Kids will only push as far as their parents will allow themselves to be pushed. Sorry if this steps on a few toes; but sometimes the truth smarts a little. BTW, I rode a bicycle until I graduated from college and could afford to buy a car of my own!!

Jerry Clark
10-09-2005, 9:29 AM
Funny story-- couple years ago a friend called my daughter and asked what she was doing-- Oh, my sister and I are fixing the dryer--- Where is Matt? -- Oh, he is watching a football game! All of my girls have learned to get their hands dirty -- from fixing the cars to fixing things in the house-- All their husbands are sport-challenged.:rolleyes:

Randy Moore
10-12-2005, 7:27 PM
This is the honest truth.

My daughter lives in the basement of our home, she is 21. When a light bulb burns out she waits until I say something about it to EVEN mention to me something about it. And then I have to change it. There is light bulbs down there and once I left it alone for 30 days. I had to change that one too!

KIDS, I love but sometimes I don't know what to think pf 'em

Randy

Joe Pelonio
10-12-2005, 7:42 PM
Common theme here. I guess I'm lucky the oldest (25) is off on her own with a good job and her own apartment. She did leave for college at 17 and come back after graduation for 6 months when she couldn't find a job right after 9/11. The youngest will be 18 in two weeks and he's already talking about moving out, but I have not yet told him about the effects on medical and car insurance. The middle one is 20 and in a local college, so stills lives with us. Eventually we're planning to sell this house and buy one in the boonies with no room for them.

Chip Charnley
10-13-2005, 11:38 AM
Trust me when I tell you I would love to have any of the problems described here. I don't know where my wife and I went wrong but both our kids ended up charged with felonies before the age of 19. One was exonerated. The other, however, ended up pleading no contest for 1 year in county jail + 4 years probations to a he said/she said situation. The alternative was to go to trial where he might be acquitted but if convicted, meant 15 years plus with no reasonable hope of parole. Both cost me $5K plus in lawyer fees and more sleepless nights than I care to count. Not saying either are saints but I have little doubt that they were both innocent of the charges filed which is why I paid for good lawyers in both cases instead of PD's. Of course, if they used a little common sense, they never would have been in the position to have the charges filed in the first place but they both had to push the envelope. And, on top of all this, I probably will have some of the problems from other notes in this thread when the youngest gets out of jail and probably comes home to live because he will be totally destitute and, with a felony conviction, have difficulty getting a job not to mention his driver's license will be suspended due to the tickets he wasn't able to deal with because he was in jail!!

<sigh> Sorry, this seems to have turned in the a bit of a rant/vent.