PDA

View Full Version : Live Edge Tsuridana - Complete

Brian Holcombe
12-07-2016, 9:27 AM
Good morning! The Live Edge Tsuridana is now complete and awaits installation;

https://brianholcombewoodworker.com/2016/12/07/live-edge-tsuridana-complete/

I hope that you will check out my post, and I look forward to your comments.

David Eisenhauer
12-07-2016, 11:00 AM
Nice work and I like the small detail finish on the batten ends. The ebony peg just pushes against the side of the tenon and does not penetrate through the tenon, correct?

Brian Holcombe
12-07-2016, 11:32 AM
Thanks David!

The ebony peg is also a through tenon.

Pat Barry
12-07-2016, 12:02 PM
Really nicely done Brian!. It would be great if you could post a snapshot later of it actually installed. I'd like to see how this actually hangs from the wall. I'm assuming the wall supports somehow tie into the cross-battens??

Nicholas Lawrence
12-07-2016, 1:51 PM
I like the texturing on the end grain. That is a nice touch.

Brian Holcombe
12-07-2016, 4:40 PM
Really nicely done Brian!. It would be great if you could post a snapshot later of it actually installed. I'd like to see how this actually hangs from the wall. I'm assuming the wall supports somehow tie into the cross-battens??

Will do, giving it some context will be nice, I can't wait to see it in place. The battens are independent of the mounting. The mounting is simple, it is steel flat bar tied into the wall.

I like the texturing on the end grain. That is a nice touch.

Thank you!

James Pallas
12-07-2016, 5:17 PM
Very nice Brian. Is the shelf going to be low enough for the top to be seen? I think live edge work is interesting but not as good looking as the top surface of that shelf.
Jim

Brian Holcombe
12-07-2016, 5:45 PM
Thanks Jim! It absolutely is, and I agree it is nice to see that crotch section of the walnut.