PDA

View Full Version : All DAY!

John Lifer
12-06-2016, 6:49 PM
Well started the morning with working on a logo. Burn some samples in some spruce (what I use to make the items) and logo looked decent, not great but ok.
Moved on and decided to work with my rotary. I've got a bunch of cups to do for Christmas gifts and giveaways.
I had done one the other day that came out ok, knew I still needed to tweek settings to get right.

So set up and ran the first. What the heck! Really poor looking logo. Play with settings, try again, no dice.
Now I don't have settings correct for the rotary movement either, full rotation is 10mm dia x 3.1415 or 314mm.
Machine says that I'm over rotating at 296mm. So I adjust the circle pulse and try again. Not quite around, and poor cutting, ragged.
Keep working with it. run the cup with different logo, different settings. etc, etc. NOTHING gets better!

So I finally said let's throw the rotary out and try flat sample I powder coated a while back and ran great looking sample the other day.
WTH! it is still looking crappy, changed settings a few times NOTHING gets better. If anything it is worse.

Here is a picture of my cup.... see the jagged logo?
So I thought to myself
OK, I'll do this..........
And what do you think I found?349009

Think about it a minute and I'll tell you :0

Bill George
12-06-2016, 6:51 PM
Loose lens or mirror?

John Lifer
12-06-2016, 7:00 PM
Ok, I had a lens loose inside the tube. It would rattle around and change focus point on the left and on the right!
ARGHHHHH!:mad:

But I'll not have that happen again!

John Lifer
12-06-2016, 7:01 PM
Bill! You've seen it before have you?

:eek:

Kev Williams
12-06-2016, 8:39 PM
Happens to us all eventually-- like a boater leaving the plug out... :D

and BTW, 10mm dia is just barely over 3/8", did you mean 100mm? (which would be barely under 4")

Bill George
12-06-2016, 9:39 PM
Once, my fault thought I had tightened.

John Lifer
12-06-2016, 10:51 PM
Yeah, 100mm, 10cm on my ruler:-)

John Stevenson
12-07-2016, 1:02 PM
Yeah, 100mm, 10cm on my ruler:-)

Only the BBC and dressmakers use Centimeters :D