PDA

View Full Version : Aligning rails

Keith Winter
12-06-2016, 3:20 PM
Seems today is not my day....

Employee just ran the chinese laser into some wood knocking the middle rail out of alignment. It's a thunder laser, similar case to the gweikes I believe. The middle rail is further forward on the left rail than the right rail now. How do you adjust the middle rail back into the same alignment on the left and right rails?

Ron Gosnell
12-06-2016, 5:10 PM
I don't know if you slipped a belt on one side or a pulley.
If you know which way it was traveling when it hit the wood and on which side that would most likely be the side that slipped. I would adust that side to other in my opinion. You have I believe a couple of options. My descriptions are not technical because I don't know the terms. First the y axis motor is in the center of the machine correct ? It has a coupler on each side that could be loosened and rotated to straighten it back. Or you can loosen a belt on the side you want to straighten out. Also check for a loose pulley. Hold the bar at the coupler and gently push on the rail. Gently... just checking for a slip here.

That's about all I can offer, I haven't had to do any adjusting on my mars90 yet so you will be the go to guy once you figure it out.

Keith Winter
12-07-2016, 3:20 PM
Thanks Ron,

Had my guy get on with china last night. Took a few hours but they got the rails straight again. Most of time due to the language barrier, but the Thunder people were helpful!

Ron Gosnell
12-08-2016, 12:24 AM
When you get time, let me know what you had to do in a nutshell.

Kev Williams
12-08-2016, 9:59 AM
did you have to align the Y rails to each other, or just align the X rail to the Y rails?