PDA

View Full Version : best sources for hardwood in southern Alberta

Mike Kees
12-06-2016, 9:54 AM
Looking for sources to buy hardwood in Lethbridge or Calgary. I am a full time carpenter with my own business,basically looking for something that has the selection of Windsor plywood with hopefully wholesale pricing. Thanks in advance for any suggestions, Mike.

Frank Pratt
12-06-2016, 10:23 AM
Try PJ White Hardwoods.

rudy de haas
12-06-2016, 2:10 PM
Windsor plywood is not a wholesaler, but they will cut you a deal -and will order just about anything. I get very small amounts of wood and have been happy with them.

If they're still there.. you could call Victor Forno Inside Sales 403-236-1192 vforno@reimerhardwoods.com. I got my hickory from them and was happy with the product, the service, and the price.

if you want misc small amounts you could also talk to the people at rustic furniture (403 253 4455 ). They buy in large quantities and sell the stuff they don't use (often down rated so caveat emptor).

John Lankers
12-06-2016, 5:46 PM
Mike, I used to go to WP in the Hat but their pricing is from a different world (2 years ago). I get all my lumber from PJ White now, buy in quantities over 300 BF for the best price. Now I call them to place the order and have it shipped to Rocky. Would be a good idea to set up an account.

Mike Kees
12-06-2016, 11:04 PM
Thanks for the replies . PJ White was the supplier that I was trying to remember. A good friend told me about them and I could not remember the name. Rudy where is Reimer hardwoods located ? I see the .com and wonder where the material is shipping from. Since I posted I found a source in Calgary, go to youtube and enter sawmill 403. Guy has a bandsaw mill and harvests local hardwoods and drys and sells it.