PDA

View Full Version : Virtual Doctor visit

Dave Lehnert
12-04-2016, 8:20 PM
We have a new health insurance provider at work and an option available to us now is Virtual Doctor Visits.

Anyone use one and what was your experience? Name of service you used?

Alan Rutherford
12-06-2016, 7:18 PM
The Medicare Advantage program I belong to recently started offering this service through a third-party provider. I can "see" a doctor by phone but not my regular doctor. For this privilege instead of the usual $10 co-pay I would be charged $40. So I have no experience with it and don't ever expect to unless they change something. It's a great idea but they've managed to screw it up. I hope the implementation in your case is oriented more toward service than profit.

Dave Lehnert
12-06-2016, 8:09 PM
The Medicare Advantage program I belong to recently started offering this service through a third-party provider. I can "see" a doctor by phone but not my regular doctor. For this privilege instead of the usual $10 co-pay I would be charged $40. So I have no experience with it and don't ever expect to unless they change something. It's a great idea but they've managed to screw it up. I hope the implementation in your case is oriented more toward service than profit.

We have a high deductible plan so the savings would be $100 + for an office visit vs $40 on line visit.

Frederick Skelly
12-06-2016, 9:30 PM
I have not tried it myself Dave. But a doctor I knew and trusted pioneered "e visits" here and it seemed to work ok for his patients. There are some limitations on what he can do, but it looks worth a try to me.

Fred

Jerome Stanek
12-07-2016, 7:00 AM
My wife tried it but was disappointed when they told her she still had to go to a dr. She just wanted something to relief the itch of poison ivy

Barry McFadden
12-07-2016, 7:40 AM
My wife tried it but was disappointed when they told her she still had to go to a dr. She just wanted something to relief the itch of poison ivy

I'm sure the pharmacist at any drug store could help with that.....

Wade Lippman
12-07-2016, 10:50 AM
Ha, I was smart enough to marry a NP. She knows everything. Well, except how to suture, but everything else.
Of course, $40 occasionally would be a lot cheaper.

Jerome Stanek
12-07-2016, 10:56 AM
I'm sure the pharmacist at any drug store could help with that.....

We talked to the pharmacist and all he could recommend was the same stuff she already had My daughter had it and got a prescription that took the itch away and dried it up

Tony Zona
12-07-2016, 11:14 AM
NP? Nolle pros?

Wade Lippman
12-07-2016, 4:51 PM
Nurse Practitioner. 30 years ago when I met her they were pretty rare, but they are everywhere now, aren't they?