PDA

View Full Version : GCC laser Pro x252 with Rotary Help..

Michael Lambert
12-02-2016, 6:22 PM
Hey guys,

Been working with this machine now for a few months no issues doing stuff like cutting boards and such no issues.. However now we are looking into doing more rotary work a few clients asking for engrave rolling pins and mugs.

So we bought the rotary attachement for it, the dealer STAHLS really did not know much about it but gave us a run down of how things should be set up and it was pretty straight forward in the print we setup the dimentsions as suspose then set the page up to pull from the printer details laid our graphics out and just non stop issues getting it started.. Tells us the media is not set right, If it does happen to start up it spins and does not start where we tell it.. i am at a loss and cant find any material on how to actually use it right.

Anyone use one?

Regards

Bill George
12-02-2016, 6:35 PM
You know instead of waiting for someone to come along and help, do a Search above and see what you can find. I think if you did a google on the Web also you might come up with a PDF manual for the Rotary. I did a quick one just now so I know there is at least one. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=8&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwitl93v19bQAhUL3YMKHfVvBr8QFghTMAc&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.jorlink.com%2FOur-Products%2FMachine-Parts%2FGCC-Laser-Parts%2FGCC-Mercury-II-parts%2FProductID%2F790%2Fcatpageindex%2F10&usg=AFQjCNFmJ_t-xeeiqWk6rOTPfNwFWDQLXg&sig2=8QL1J_o0t7c2GiwMuENshA

Michael Lambert
12-02-2016, 6:53 PM
Thanks Bill, I can assure you that i pulled my thumb from my butt back in high school and went on to always investigate what i could to avoid delays.. Now in business delays are a killer when we have clients waiting on work.. So as you did.. I searched google went through many links including the one you shared which goes to a broken link.

Between hours of searching, On the phone with my rep, emails to GCC directly, Several messed up samples and a damaged Autofocus pen from a mug handle spinning and mashing against in in attempts to figure it out or apply ideas used in other videos for other machines.. I did finally give up after 2 days and made my first post after being a member here for 7 months using it as a resource,

Now if you happen to have that actual PDF that describes how to setup the the rotary attachment in Corel that would be awesome.. Or if someone has actual experience with using it and has some free time on their hands to assist me that would be great as well.

Regards
Michael

Bill George
12-02-2016, 7:01 PM
That link leads to a website vendor who is selling the Rotary? Not a dead link. Very few GCC users on here. Most of the pro's on here are working almost non stop filling Christmas orders. Rodney in south Africa might be on later he owned GCC at one time.

Michael Lambert
12-02-2016, 7:04 PM
It does lead the vendor, but on the vendors page it says to go to a link for the details and that is were it goes to the dead link.

Agreed, We have been up to our eyeballs in orders as well and we have a 300 piece water bottle order due Thursday for one of our hockey clients which was why i posted after futzing around with with now for the last two days.

Keith Downing
12-02-2016, 10:59 PM
I'm not familiar with your machine, but I can vouch for the fact that most software needs the settings adjusted based on the type of machine and type of rotary.

What software are you using? Laserworks?

Hilton Lister
12-02-2016, 11:28 PM
I have a GCC Spirit with a rotary. It takes a while to get it sorted. First set the Coreldraw page size to the overall size of the object being engraved which is the length by the circumference. Set up the object in the rotary fitting then tick the rotary fitting driver, set the offset. and then the length and diameter. Set the height and the engraving will begin at the far right of the layout (text and or graphics) You will need to mark the centre of the engraving and then measure out half the size of the layout and mark it. Start the job with the lid up and stop it immediately it begins and then align that point with the the previous mark. Close the lid, then restart the file. It should begin on the measured start point. This is the way I do it, but I have been told that you can start from centre. However, I have never been able to get it to work that way. I'm sure I have instructions somewhere. If I can locate them I can post here.