PDA

View Full Version : email help after hacking

Phil Mueller
12-01-2016, 11:57 PM
My yahoo account was hacked. Did all the security things...changed password, enabled double checking (or whatever they call it), and was still not receiving any email. Tonight I discovered it was all now going into my trash folder. I found some explanation of how to fix that, but frankly, was above my understanding.

Could someone explain in plain english what I need to do to get email coming back into my in box?

Appreciate any help I can get. As you know, there are no humans working at Yahoo :mad:

Tom Stenzel
12-02-2016, 10:06 PM
I have a Yahoo account through AT&T and check it using my browser. Just checked, it says I only have room for 54 million more emails.

If your interface is close to what I have, look in the upper right hand side of the screen. There's a little gear that if you hover the mouse pointer over it will make a menu drop down. Pick Settings, in the window that appears click on the Filters tab. That's where you can set up rules to send messages to chosen folders. You might have something in there sending everything to trash. If you've never set up rules before the box should be empty.

If the hackers have manage to foul things up on the Yahoo end I have no idea how to fix it.

-Tom

Phil Mueller
12-06-2016, 5:33 PM
Thank you Tom! Problem solved.