PDA

View Full Version : Corel Question

Martin Boekers
11-29-2016, 4:08 PM
This is sort of baffling to me... I'm having color matching issue with dye sub. I downloaded a color chart from Conde.
It was a bitmap in a Corel file. I checked the color with the eyedropper tool, it showed RGB. The chart was too large in size
and I only needed about 25 squares. I figured the easy way to do it would be to select the section I wanted then power clip
it into a square. When I did this it change everything to CMYK? I went to the edit mode and it went back to RGB? When I hit
finish editing it turned back to CMYK? Any thoughts on this?

Thanks!

Gary Hair
11-29-2016, 4:37 PM
More than likely your Corel is setup to default to CMYK instead of RGB. There are multiple places in Corel to set color defaults and I don't think I've ever found them all... Once in a while I'll find an object that is CMYK when everything else is RGB. What would be nice is if there was a single button to click that allowed you to select *EVERYTHING* either RGB or CMYK.

Martin Boekers
11-29-2016, 5:13 PM
More than likely your Corel is setup to default to CMYK instead of RGB. There are multiple places in Corel to set color defaults and I don't think I've ever found them all... Once in a while I'll find an object that is CMYK when everything else is RGB. What would be nice is if there was a single button to click that allowed you to select *EVERYTHING* either RGB or CMYK.

Yes I know... Every once in a while one pops up for a laser file and bingo, now I have a slight box around the bitmap.... :(