PDA

View Full Version : What's what in hollowing systems.

Sam Beagle
11-29-2016, 3:25 PM
Ok. So I've read alot and watched lots of videos. I want a good strong hollowing system for a 3520b, I don't care about the laser personally. I am favoring the monster. But can I get some serious contenders with the monster system. I wanna get the most I can for 5-600 bucks.

Sam Beagle
11-29-2016, 5:10 PM
Come on guys. I really like the kobra system too. Any word on that

allen thunem
11-29-2016, 7:02 PM
on the kobra
save your pennies and be patient it could take along time to get one
but it is a beast of a system. and also way more than the 5-6 hundred you are looking at with the monster

Sam Beagle
11-29-2016, 8:23 PM
I talked to John at jt. I'm gonna get a gizmo. Are there any videos of them. I have read only good things.

Brian Kent
11-29-2016, 8:37 PM
Fantastic. If you do a search of the many hollowing posts, the Gizmo and the Cobra are the most consistent recommendations.

Glen Blanchard
11-29-2016, 8:43 PM
Sam, I'll be very surprised if you don't love the Gizmo!

Gregory Cowart
11-29-2016, 9:03 PM
Clark Hollowing System built by Keith Clark is one heavy duty hollowing system. You can hollow big and small stuff. Take a look.

Sam Beagle
12-20-2016, 7:02 PM
Update. Well alot happened since I started this thread. I was sold on the gizmo, but things fell though on there end. Then I decided to go w either the Carter, the monster, or Bosch system. Value wise, the monster really has alot of bang for your buck. So i was all set to order the monster, and just had a feeling I should revisit the Bosch system again. Well I talked to Trent and really liked what he was about. So I ended up with the full 3/4 stabilizer system with the complete carbide kit and HSS scraper kit. It came in the mail today, I tell you what, these tools are no joke. I couldn't get over the fit and finish as well as the heft of the system. I really think I made the right call now. Will start hollowing tmrw. And be sure to follow up. Sam

Adam Petersen
12-21-2016, 1:41 AM
I'm happy to hear that you got a system and that you are happy with it. I'm saving pennies too so that someday I can get a system myself so I look forward to hearing how you like it after some hollowing work. I can't believe the prices on some of these systems!

Sam Beagle
12-21-2016, 10:46 AM
Adam. I know it's costly. But wow. What a system this is. I'm am thrilled with it. You keep the natural hollowing action. But have the security of a rock solid articulating arm to back you. I just can't be happier. The 3/4" setup is just a beast. I also got the 1" adapter for mine. It's free so take advantage of that.

John Sincerbeaux
12-22-2016, 12:39 AM
EXCELLENT choice Sam.
I have the same system paired w a 1" bar as well. I would strongly recommend his "Visualizer" too.

John King
12-23-2016, 10:32 AM
Adam. I know it's costly. But wow. What a system this is. I'm am thrilled with it. You keep the natural hollowing action. But have the security of a rock solid articulating arm to back you. I just can't be happier. The 3/4" setup is just a beast. I also got the 1" adapter for mine. It's free so take advantage of that.

Sam - Went to Trent Bosch web site. Could not find anything about 1" adapter. Need some help on locating it. Thanks. - John

Sam Beagle
12-23-2016, 4:11 PM
John. You would have had to order it beforehand. You still can. He would have to make you the one part again to accept the 1". This is only possibly done w the 3/4" I believe.