PDA

View Full Version : 2-3 MM off center

daniel hernandez
11-28-2016, 10:36 PM
Hello,

A weird thing started happening when engraving an acrylic piece on my engraver.

When completing an acrylic award, I first place tape on my engraving bed (in the case 6x9"); I then run the engraving and cut lines (only used as guides when I actually start engraving the piece of acrylic). Everything looks nice and centered.

What's started happening is, once I center the acrylic piece, auto set the the Z Axis, then back the Z off by .1, and run the engraver; everything comes out about 2 mm off center.

A lot of the time you can't even see it, but in cases where the engraved texts is close to the edges, you can see that it is off center.

Does anyone know what would make this happen? ....I almost sure it was happening when I started engraving a few months back.

Thanks,
Dan

Bert Kemp
11-29-2016, 11:01 AM
what are you engraving with?

Steven Yates
11-30-2016, 10:20 AM
Are you focusing to the same distance from the tape as you are from the actual work piece? If the lens isn't the same difference from the two surfaces you can see an offset if your beam is not reflecting directly downward.

Scott Marquez
11-30-2016, 7:44 PM
Dan, can you post your machine in your signature, that way others with similar machines might know of little quirks with that unit.
Scott