PDA

View Full Version : I did it

David Wilson
10-07-2005, 10:45 AM
Finally broke down and ordered a new bandsaw. Getting the Rikon 10-340.
Ciber has them for $999.00 w/free shipping to a business w/ loading dock. Fortunately I live about 1/2 block from a railroad MOW shop and the guy's there will unload it with forklift and run it down the alley to my shop.Pics to follow.
I guess I caught SWMBO in a week moment.

Russ Massery
10-07-2005, 10:47 AM
Cool Dave, Be sure to us a review of it after you set it up.

Russell Svenningsen
10-07-2005, 10:52 AM
David,
I live in Marshall, MN and would be willing to *ahem* help you unload or test this new item.

Actually, perhaps it's best if it's delivered here to me first so that I can run complete diagnostic tests to be sure of it's quality before it travels on to you...... :rolleyes:

You don't want to spend that kind of coin on an inferior product do you? I didn't think so, that's why I have so selflessly offered to test it for, oh, say a couple of years or so for you. Aint' I a heck of a guy?

That's right..............I'm a giver. ;)

Enjoy the saw,
Russell

Ken Fitzgerald
10-07-2005, 10:57 AM
Dave....Congrats! Please report back after using it for a while. That's the one I've got my eye on too!

Steve Wargo
10-07-2005, 11:12 AM
Wood Craft has them going on sale for $899 in a few weeks. Just wanted to let you know. One of my students just bought one and they gave it to him at the cheaper price.

Mike Cutler
10-07-2005, 11:45 AM
David.
You're really going to like the Rikon 10-340. It's a lot of value for the $$$.
I've been using a Lennox 1", 2-3 vari pitch blade. Both the Tri Master and the Bi-Metal are available in this configuration for resawing.

I posted a few reviews that I did of the saw, if you'd like some more info.
Once again, nice gloat.

Hal Flynt
10-07-2005, 11:46 AM
You'll like it, I like mine!

FWW had it rated very high in an issue late last year. THe current Issue of Wood picks it as Top Tool in their review of Bandsaws in the $1000 range.

Bernie Weishapl
10-07-2005, 12:19 PM
Congrats Dave. Be sure to post some pictures and let us know how well it works.

Andy London
10-07-2005, 2:11 PM
I have never seen one but have read excellent reviews about them, in fact WOOD Mag just gave the large Rikon top marks in a review, forget the model :o

Congradulations and if SWMBO is weak, better hit her up for more purchases while the going is good :D

Andy