PDA

View Full Version : Kristen....at rest.

Steve Ash
10-07-2005, 10:25 AM
A few weeks back I wrote a thread titled "A heavy Heart" telling you all about our daughter and bringing her "home" to the family plot. My Mom and I made the trip north and going across US-2 the sun was shining brightly over Lake Michigan on the left side and raining on the right as we made the curve coming into Manistique there was the brightest rainbow I had ever seen ending what appeared to be right over the funeral home....what a sight! We picked up Kristen and started back home only to have a guy run a stop sign and I took the ditch to avoid the crash...luckily it was not a steep ditch and I was able to bring my pickup back up on the road with no problems. The guy in the car never moved from the shoulder as I watched in the rear view mirror, probably checking his shorts!
Judy and I read all your wonderful comments and some PM's and wanted to Thank you all, my extended SMC family.
I thought I would include a pic so you would know it all turned out well, she is home and it feels so right.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/GardenBay/100_1127_061.jpg

Jack Hogoboom
10-07-2005, 10:28 AM
Steve,

I am so sorry for your loss. Your story has touched a lot of hearts, including mine.

Jack

Ken Fitzgerald
10-07-2005, 10:37 AM
Steve....my condolences to you and your family for your loss. In circumstances like this you have to do what feels right regardless of the opinions of others. Since it feels right now....it must be right!

John Miliunas
10-07-2005, 10:42 AM
Steve, you already know how I feel. You done good, my friend.:) :cool:

Karl Laustrup
10-07-2005, 10:43 AM
Steve,

So glad you have your daughter home. Your family is re-united as it should be.

Karl

Rob Littleton
10-07-2005, 11:04 AM
You're a strong man and I believe I would have done exactly what you did.

God bless you.

Michael Gabbay
10-07-2005, 1:11 PM
Steve -

Good to hear that everything worked out. I hope having Kristen closer will ease the pain a little more.

Mike

Von Bickley
10-07-2005, 1:30 PM
Steve,
I know that you and Judy are glad to have Kristen close-by. I know from personal experiences in my life that it is important to be close to your family and loved ones.

God Bless You...

john whittaker
10-07-2005, 3:24 PM
Hi Steve & Judy.... Been keeping your family in our thoughs & prayers. Very happy that it all turned out "right". Thanks for sharing with us as I know we are all touched and blessed by your story.John

Dennis Peacock
10-07-2005, 7:01 PM
Steve and Judy,

Very nicely done and it's good to have the family together again. I appreciate your strength and your will do to what is right by "the family". Thanks for sharing a part of you life with us.

Charles McKinley
10-07-2005, 10:37 PM
Steve,

I'm glad that you are all home safely.