PDA

View Full Version : WoodWorking Expo

Rich Torino
10-07-2005, 9:56 AM
Has anyone at Sawmill ever attended any of the Florida Industrial Woodworking Expo in Orlando?? http://www.floridawoodexpo.com/fl/index.cfm.
Apparently they have had them for the last several years..
I'm a few hours from Orlando and if its worth the time off from work I'd like to attend but not if it's really just a ho-hummer....

Thanks
Rich in Florida

John Renzetti
10-07-2005, 1:42 PM
Hi Rich, I've attended a number of the TSI Industrial shows over the years. They are pretty. It is geared to the professional shop, from small one man shops to large industrial operations. However there is something for the professional, semi-professional, and non-professional (I hate using the word amateur) alike. It's interesting to see just what is available in tooling, machines, finishes, accessories, etc. They also hold some seminars that may have some interest for you.
Best bet is to register online. It will appear that the show is for the trade only but they are real accomodating in that regard if you aren't. A few years ago it was more difficult to get in, however the show sponsors and the vendors realized that non professionals were buying inudstrial grade machines, tooling etc.
If you have bought from any of the exhibtors that will be at the show, then call them and ask for a free pass. Exhibitors usually get a bunch of these to send to customers who will be at the show.
take care,
John

Rich Torino
10-07-2005, 2:11 PM
Thanks John for the feedback... I took your advice and registered on line. It's about a 3hr drive from where I live in Florida and I'll stay over night. I looking foward to it. I post info when I return....

Rich