PDA

View Full Version : Turkey(s)

John K Jordan
11-24-2016, 3:51 PM
The big guy down by the barn doing his best to impress the young girls. Nothing ever changes.

JKJ

Bruce Page
11-24-2016, 3:56 PM
Struttin' his stuff!

Jim Koepke
11-24-2016, 5:31 PM
Struttin' his stuff!

Then later today maybe someone will stuff his strut.

jtk

Brent Cutshall
11-24-2016, 6:03 PM
John, I've met some farmers (just about everybody in my family is a farmer) but you, seeing you posts on other topics, are a true farmer. It seems like I've heard your name before somewhere but I can't place it. You live close to my region, where exactly do you live(nothing specific)?

John K Jordan
11-24-2016, 10:15 PM
John, I've met some farmers (just about everybody in my family is a farmer) but you, seeing you posts on other topics, are a true farmer. It seems like I've heard your name before somewhere but I can't place it. You live close to my region, where exactly do you live(nothing specific)?

Brent,

I know a Cutshaw but I can't find any Cutshall's in my remaining brain cells!

I love the animals and living in the country. We have llamas, alpacas, horses, mini donkeys, bunnies, bees, cats/dogs, chickens, guineas, peacocks, and one big turkey. I put up a 10x10x6 pen to take care of a friend's birds while she was out of town so at the moment we have 14 extra guineas and the three young turkeys. I mostly have all these as a place for kids to come - I've been teaching kindergarten SS classes for 24 years now and often meet kids who REALLY need to get outside.

I've been in your neck of the woods several times, moving rescue llamas and some mini donkeys for a lady. (Just trying to think of places where our paths have crossed.)

We live just north of Knoxville outside of Clinton. Bought this place 13 years ago after living in Oak Ridge and working at ORNL for 30 years. Were you ever involved with 3D graphics? I did internet tech support for Autodesk/Discreet/Kinetix for years. I do frequent some other forums, mostly for the woodturning.

Could you be thinking of another guy with the same name? There is another John Jordan in Tennessee, a famous woodturner - we are the same age. He lives near Chattanooga, does a lot of demos and classes, and makes a living with woodturning and selling tools. I just play! We have been confused a lot over the years but so far no one has sent me any of his money. :) To try to keep things straight I always use my middle initial "K" but that doesn't always work! Here is a picture of both of us from about 6 years ago and another with Doug Thompson, John (Jordan), John (Lucas) and John (me).

348192 348193

Good fun!

JKJ

Brent Cutshall
11-25-2016, 6:42 PM
Yeah, I might have you confused with someone else. I haven't been into 3D graphics, sorry. Your list sounds like my grandad and one of my cousins mixed together. Hey, if you like mini donkeys, we might be selling one here soon, but we might already have him sold. I'm surprised you didn't have cows, my dad grew up selling cows and growing, preparing, and sell tobacco. Thanks for the info though!

John K Jordan
11-25-2016, 9:48 PM
Yeah, I might have you confused with someone else. I haven't been into 3D graphics, sorry. Your list sounds like my grandad and one of my cousins mixed together. Hey, if you like mini donkeys, we might be selling one here soon, but we might already have him sold. I'm surprised you didn't have cows, my dad grew up selling cows and growing, preparing, and sell tobacco. Thanks for the info though!

Send me a PM if you do want to sell the mini donkey. I often get people looking for one.

With the other animals I don't have the pasture space for cattle - we have just 27 acres, about 15 of those in pasture. They would basically be on dry lot with me hauling in feed. Maybe some day...

If you get over towards Knoxville one day, I love visitors! You could take a llama for a walk.

JKJ

Brent Cutshall
11-26-2016, 7:33 AM
Thanks John!