PDA

View Full Version : Table Saw Sleds

Bernie Weishapl
10-06-2005, 10:16 PM
Well took the afternoon off to clean the shop and get ready to make my grandson a wooden wagon. Had some scrap wood so put together a mitre sled and a cross cut sled. I can't believe how accurate the mitre sled is. I cut 4 pieces and they fit like a glove. Also kept adjusting the crosscut sled until it is dead on. I put T-Track for stop blocks and hold downs on the rear fence. I used UHMW polymer for runners. They work like a charm and slide very easily because they are slick in nature. I guess they are not to bad for scrape wood.

Corey Hallagan
10-06-2005, 10:32 PM
Hey Bernie, looks good! I agree, the miter sled is excellent when you must have matching miters and you can stand them on end. I was going to do mine exactily the way you did with the back piece. Nice work. I plan on using mine alot in box making. Enjoy, now get back to that wagon!

Corey

Jim Becker
10-06-2005, 10:44 PM
Good deal, Bernie. I also love my miter sled. Do be sure to alternate sides for opposing angles when you cut to insure "perfect" joints! These miter sleds are really nice when you are working with very small moldings, too, as you can easily hold the material safely a lot closer to the cut line due to the way the fences are positioned.